“Fantastic food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonkers Restaurant

Bonkers Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bonkers is one of the oldest buildings in Page. The decor is local artwork of the beautiful surrounding area. Owner operated with American and Italian cuisine, in a casual dining atmosphere.The restaurant is small and quaint.
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We met the owner John and his excellent staff, who served some fantastic food. Very tasty and with my wife and I trying to eat more healthy we were pleased with the selection of dinner items. Ella was our server and she was the best. :-) Bonkers would be my first choice on any future trips to Page.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
“Stick with the Italian dishes?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Dinner started with fresh rolls that were very good. My husband and son had steaks, which were pricy. They were cooked very well and delicious, but the price is what you would expect at a much higher-end restaurant. I had seared tuna, which was probably a bad choice. It was not cooked well, was tough and seemed more like the frozen tuna that I would get in the freezer aisle at a grocery store. The owner did seem to be hovering a bit to keep a close eye on all of his staff.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank RZolla
Arizona, United States
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Headed here for dinner with my husband & father after checking Trip Advisor and asking some locals. We were seated quickly and served promptly. My husband and father each had one of the daily specials which were both great. The homemade New England clam chowder was tasty. Didn't taste any of the deserts but they looked delicious.

1 Thank Kay W
Rishon Lezion, Israel
“Condescending owner, average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were told Bonkers is the best restaurant in town.

We came without a reservation, and since the restaurant was full we were told we had to wait for about 15 minutes for a table.
The smell of garlic bread was very appetizing so we decided to wait, although we were very hungry, and eventually were seated after about 30 minutes (no complaints, dinner time is not an exact science).

After we were finnaly seated and ordered, we had to wait for additional 50 minutes until the food arrived.
The waitress didn't seem to care.
When we approached the owner he said "What do you expect, the restaurant is full so it takes time. Maybe you should go to a fast food reastaurant."
I wanted to leave immediately, but since we were all hungry and it was getting late (after waiting 30+50 minutes) we decided to stay.

The food was average at best -
The soup was not hot, just a bit warm.
The pasta was overcooked and overflooded with tasteless sauce.
The chicken marsala was average, and again flooded in the sauce so it was soggy, and the portion was quite small.

We traveled for 3 weeks in the US and this was by far the worst dinner we had, and the worst attitued we encountered.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JBMFUNINTHESUN, Owner at Bonkers Restaurant, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
As owners always present at the restaurant, my husband always greeting and seating the guests and I am in the kitchen overseeing everything that is going on, we remember certain guests that were difficult and you were one of them. In this business, we have dealt with many, many guests over the years and most are understanding, gracious, generous, complementary, and overall just wonderful people. In this business we have "dropped the ball" and have made mistakes, but we always try to take care of the problem at the time. Our restaurant has eighteen tables, it is a casual setting because of the lake, hiking, boating, and camping, and we serve high end comfort food. We know we can not please every guests with the food we serve or the service, but we sure do try. At certain times with employees (servers, bussers, kitchen help),and everything that happens as restaurant owners, and all the guests that are waiting to eat (which we are grateful), there comes along a situation that does not go the way we would like or the way the customer would like. This again was one of those times. We remember you because we were extremely busy and there was a long waiting list. You did put your name on the list, and yes it was 15 minutes, but you left because you did not want to wait. When you came back, of course your name would have to be put on the list again, and yes, you would have to wait again. That is anywhere in this business that situation would happen. When you were finally seated, Sharrie was your server and she is very nice and she does care. She did tell me that when she delivered the salad and soup, you wanted your meal right away. She said the kitchen was working on it. Now, you had your drinks, bread, salad, soup (I am very sorry if it was served cold because all soup bowls are heated and the soup is checked regularly), and your order was out in 20 minutes because my husband let me know what the situation was with your table. When the dinners arrived not only did the server ask you, but my husband asked you how dinner was. Never once did you say anything about the food. Yes, my husband did suggest "fast food" because of the way you were demanding your dinners from the time you received your soup/salads. You also told him you know what fine dining is and service, but you did not give the server a tip.
It does bother us when we have a unhappy guest, and for you not tell us how you feel when you are asked about the food, and to punish the server by not tipping because you think she was slow (we were busy), plus you put such an unfair response on Trip Advisor. I would be ashamed if I did that to any restaurant or server. You were rude to the server and my husband. Yes we were extremely busy, and yes my husband made that comment to you about "fast food", but you were the one that left and came back. Of course it was going to be a longer wait for you and the people you were with.
Thanks to all our wonderful guests. We try everyday to be the best and learn from our mistakes. Because of this situation we are now telling all servers to put their orders in immediately because of the waiting list. We do understand how hungry people are when they get to our restaurant and now we are offering complimentary warm dinner rolls and asking if the guests would like an appetizer. Live and learn.
Barbara Mesler
owner/chef
Sedona, Arizona
“Great variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Good food, good prices, family friendly and... you should see the dessert cart!!
We made reservations and were glad that we did. When we left at 7.30, there was a long line of people waiting to get in.
My husband had the trout and I had a salad. The portions are huge, so I needed to take my salad home with me.

Visited April 2014

Been to Bonkers Restaurant? Share your experiences!