“It was okay”

Super 8 Page/Lake Powell
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Page
Reviewed June 8, 2012

There was nothing terribly special about this hotel but I was expecting a rundown hotel and it definitely is not that. The accommodation was average and the property was kept clean for its guest. The room we stayed in was big but appeared to be wasted space a nice lounge chair or sofa would have added to its value and quality.

This is a budget property and for the most part you get your money’s worth of a clean bed and towels.

The staff was accommodating but not as friendly as I have seen in other locations. Smile more girls and with sincerity and not just a required response. We can tell the difference!

The cold breakfast only was disappointing but some will argue that if its free then shut up. Well if you are advertising FREE breakfast to attract customers, you need to offer at the very least what is on par with other hotels doing the same thing.

I will be returning to Page on business and I will try out other hotels before I return here if I do.

I am actually writing this review following my weekend stay at Lake Powell Resort which occurred after my stay here at Super 8 in April 2012. And I can truly tell you that I would rather stay here at Super 8 than to return to Lake Powell Resort which it isn’t a resort in my opinion and experience. The only thing Lake Powell Resort has over this Super 8 is the view of the lake and that’s about it.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget this is probably the way to go. I didn't book this hotel, my company did...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed June 1, 2012

With a group of four and only one was couple. The three bed room saved us. The beds were uncomfortable, but the money save on an extra room was worth it for one night.

Room Tip: Many Super 8 have rooms with 3 beds you just need to ask.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dadirtyrabbit
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We obviously were given a bad room as our experience of this Super 8 was very different! For $ 110 a night this motel is not good value for money. Yes the wifi, breakfast, microwave& fridge are good points but our room was very tired & not clean for the price bracket. If you can afford an extra $10 or so and are in Page in May I would go somewhere else! We have been travelling around the USA for 3 months and this is one of the worst places we stayed in terms of value. We have stayed in many Super 8 for much much less even in more touristy areas that are much much better.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherrie B
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Good hotel for a 2 star. Very clean.
Location good if you have a car as not near to town centre and no restaurant on site.
Room was a good size and had a bathroom/toilet with separate sink in the main room.
We were on the 3rd floor but there is a lift however no stairs unless you use the ones outside. Breakfast was average only cereals, toast, mini muffins and mini bagels.
Would stay here again as good value for your money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NZMartins
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very lovely motel, clean and friendly and a very good choise for breakfast
Would come back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Prangins
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The staff at this hotel are outstanding! Check in and check out staff were friendly, efficient and courteous. Two days after we left the hotel, by car, my husband realized he had left his passport and other papers in a drawer in one of the pieces of furniture in the room. I called the hotel in a panic. The documents were located and the manager offered to send them to us by UPS. What a relief!
The hotel location is very convenient. Rooms were clean and spacious. We were traveling with our dog so good for those of you who travel with your dogs to know this hotel is pet friendly. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your dog, ground floor rooms have a small fenced patio area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Betty D
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The best Super 8 I've stayed in. It was quite new, and more like a regular hotel than a motel. Safe neighborhood, well located for the transit routes, and not far from the main town, this was a great place to stay. Swimming pool wasn't open at this time of year, but service was very friendly and informative. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo