“Exactly what we needed.”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Page
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“Exactly what we needed.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

There are tons of lodging choices in Page, but we had one overriding criterion for our stay - location. Our 13-hour day of travel ended when our flight arrived about 8:30 PM. We then had to pick up a rental car and get to our accommodations quickly so we could get as much sleep as posssible before getting up at 5 AM to get ready for our drive to Cortez, CO (Yes, there are airports closer to Cortez, but there was a method to our madness). Anyway, long story short, we needed something close to the airport and close to our departure route.
A plus was the reasonable rate - not the cheapest in Page, but not the most expensive either.
The drive from the airport took about five minutes. Be aware that the route goes through a residential neighborhood with little street lighting. The hotel suddenly appeared as we came to the end of the residential neighborhood, and was an easy turn. We saw sseveral motorcycles and heard fairly loud musicfrom the hotel as we got out of the car, but heard nothing inside.
The lobby is clean and attractive, and the clerk was quick and pleasant. We were in our room in only a few minutes.
The room was clean, quiet and well-maintained. The beds were comfortable. Amenities were clean and functional. The deecor was pleasant though nothing special (It's a HIX, not the Ritz).
We got our good night's sleep.
I returrned from my 5AM errand 1/2-hour earlier than the advertised breakfast service, but most of the food was out and the clerk said it was OK to eat - Flexibility you don't get from the staffs at many higher-end lodgings.
All together, this was exactly what we needed, and we would readily stay here again.

Room Tip: I think the first floor could get a little noisy since the hotel is right near a main intersection...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was there last night...I'm in honey moon! I spent just a night since it was on my route to grand canyon..every thing seemed good but I left a bag with my underwear on the table in the room and somebody stole! I asked front desk and obviously nobody knew!what a shame!I'm so disappointed! I know that in the hotels these things happen but I believed that in such a worldwide spread brand like "holiday inn" I could be safe! :(

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank marisna
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Hotel and room were clean. Bathroom was clean and shower fine - hot and good pressure. Considering it was the same price to stay here as it was a stay in the Mandarin Oriental in LV I wouldn't say it was value for money. Decent breakfast - cinnamon buns are recommended. We had just spent a night in a hogan but check in isn't until 3pm - check out is 11am. It's not massive so it seemed a bit off that we couldn't check in a bit earlier or even leave luggage (no room apparently) - for the price we paid for a room, that basic service would be expected

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sazzer73
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We chose this hotel for a two day stop on our tour around the Grand canyon. It is very convent to the glen canyon river float trips, Antelope canyon and Antelope marina. Clean, beds ok not much to comment on.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Eureka, Montana
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Pleasant staff and clean room. good a/c and linnens. Rooom had mini frige and the breakfast had juice toast fruit yogurt and eggs and bacon. Elevator and paved parking lot. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Unckebuck
West Yorkshire
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stopped here two nights during my America fly drive and this is a very good 3 star hotel. The staff were friendly and the hotel was clean and modern. The wi if was fast and the tv had good reception. The breakfast was excellent. I would recommend this hotel if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very pleased with our stay. The room was very clean. Great breakfast. Everything was very good. When we checked in, we received a little gift bag with water and snacks because we are a Holiday Inn points person. All the staff I came in contact with were very professional. I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2012