“Whoa, what can I say?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Powell Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Page
Lake Powell Motel
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Page
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Whoa, what can I say?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was looking for accommodation in Page, AZ for a night to go and visit Antelope Canyon the next day and had already turned away from the local Motel 6 and Super 8 Motel because of their horrendous pricing. The Holiday Inn Express accross the street is where I would have ended up, had I not decided to walk over and check the Lake Powell Motel out. The owner is just a really great dude and after he had shown me the room that was available - at an absolute bargain I must say! - there was no way I was going back to the Holiday Inn. The 'room' was bigger than the apartment I was living in at the time, clearly very recently remodeled and over all just in great shape. Kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom all were in spotless showroom condition. If I ever come through Page again, man, I hope you're still there, 'cause I know where I'm stayin'.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
17 Thank biosfear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

When you stumble upon this review in your search for an affordable stay in Page you can stop searching because you just found it. So stop reading and book it before somebody else does!
Off street parking, large luxury rooms spotless clean.
I had tickets for "The Wave" but due to the bad weather conditions I wasn't able to go as the road condition was unsure and I didn't want to risk my rental car getting stuck in the middle of the wash I had to cross to get to the area. I could have asked Jake for help as he has a real b.a.d.a.s.s. car :) and he probably would have done it too but unfortunately he wasn't in the office on the time of our departure.
Anyway one of the best stays ever!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Patmanzzz
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I am super late on writing this, but I started the search last February for a place to stay in Page, AZ for the first part of my honeymoon. I emailed Jake and knew that the Lake Powell Motel was the PERFECT place to stay. When we arrived he was in contact with us the entire day as we drive from Vegas at night in a torrential downpour, and stayed at the hotel just to make sure we got in and settled okay. We stayed for two days and it was the best start to our honeymoon. We were able to sit and talk with him and learn a little more about the area. He gave us plenty of recommendations of things to do, places to see, and food to eat. We were very sad after getting there to only be spending two nights and I know for a fact that if we were to go back we would stay here without a question. DO not be discouraged by the photos, there is a reason this rated #1 in Page, AZ!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laura W
portland, oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while we were in Paige to visit Antelope Canyon, horseshoe bend and the dam etc. This is a small motel, very conveniently located, remodeled by new owner, clean, spacious and with all the amenities you will need. We will definitely stay again. The current owner remodeled this property a year ago and did an excellent job. He is very pleasant to work with and very helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two bedroom as we could not get a one bedroom. Both bedrooms were a good size and we...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank costaricatravel09
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in the Down Under Room in October. The room was perfect for short stay. Fridge, TV, separate bathroom, hairdryer, coffee/tea facilities. Great condition and super clean. Off street parking and a short walk to laundromat, cafés, restaurants and supermarket. Amazing prices! Jake and his mother were incredibly welcoming and helpful with local information. We only wish there was more accommodation like this around the U.S. Thank you so much. Kristy & Jamie

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kristy A
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Jake really IS the Lake Powell Motel, and is the epitome of down-to-earth, approachable, friendly service and the reason that we'd return and recommend this place to anyone in the area.

Our room was great--two bedrooms, a full kitchen, and living room with huge sofa and TV, and nice bathroom. We were able to park right outside our room, and although we were only staying one night, Jake spent all sorts of time with us--showing us the room and making sure it worked for us, and helping us to make plans for meals and tours.

It's a great place, with an old school, over the top friendly owner. Absolutely the best place to choose in Page--despite first 'motel' impressions when you drive up.

We'd easily stay again and recommend it to anyone else traveling in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank BusinessTraveler04
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a great experience staying in this cool little motel. The room was a very clean, 2 bedroom place with a kitchenette and a living area. There was plenty of kitchen utensils for cooking and a grill outside if we had needed it. The owner is a great guy, who put us onto a very reasonably priced boat rental co., and treated us very kindly. I highly recommend this place, but book way in advance, it stays full!

• Stayed October 2013