“A comfortable stay in Northern Arizona”

Quality Inn at Lake Powell
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Page
Los Angeles, California
“A comfortable stay in Northern Arizona”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've stayed in a few motels and hotels in major cities such as Los Angeles,California. Compared to those motels and hotels, I can happily say that this motel has the most comfortable atmosphere among the staff members, the dinning area and also within the rooms. I believe it's the only one in the town of Page that has the most beautiful view of the Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell. Sure there are better and fancy motels or hotels in this city, but I like staying at the ones that kind of stand out from the rest. Love the local Native American stuff at the lobby gift shop. I traveled to this area during Thanksgiving week, a few travelers checked into the same motel and so it was little bit busy in the lobby, one clerk on duty that evening. I think he did a wonderful job checking people in as fast as possible and answering questions about the free breakfast in the morning and local business. The rooms were mush better than staying at an old Days Inn or Motel Six. The beds felt nice, after a day of hiking around in the canyons, nice little refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. I like my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Patrice N, General Manager at Quality Inn at Lake Powell, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Most shocking hotel I have ever stayed at. No hot water to have a bath and when I complained I was treated as if this was my fault. After a heated discussion I was then allocated another room . As my husband was sick I did not want to move and asked if I could just bath there and then return to my room. I asked if I could test the water. I was told I was not allowed to use the bath as the manager who was at home said so anyway I was eventually allowed access to the other bathroom. Here the cold water tap was the hot water tap and there was no plug to have a bath. Down I went again to reception just to be told that was my problem and why was I making such a fuss just about a bath!
Lia the receptionist on duty yelled and shouted at me and when I demanded to speak to management she told me to come back on Monday. This was In two days time. If my husband had not been ill I would have walked out there and then. It is a dirty and cheap place although it really looks good from the outside.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Birgit L
Patrice N, General Manager at Quality Inn at Lake Powell, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We take all feeback seriously. I would like to discuss your feedback in detail as I was unaware of the situation until you had checked out of the hotel. Please email me at gm.az214@choicehotels.com

Travelers are raving about these Page hotels

Putnam, Connecticut
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We got a great off-season rate of $48, and I would feel ripped off if I paid full price for these accommodations. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. But the heater did not work well. It would blow hot air for 15 minutes, then start to blow cold. We had to keep turning it off and restarting it, no matter where we set the thermostat. Toilet flush was very weak. TV had horizontal lines striping the top 25% of the screen. The breakfast offered a lot more than most hotel breakfasts, but I offer these facts: at 8:30 I enjoyed the buffet (eggs, potatoes, pancakes), by 10:30 I was feeling sick, and at 1:00 it all came up. I can't state unequivocally that it was food poisoning, but I would not eat there again. Had to skip Zion National Park and go straight to the next hotel so I could crawl into bed. Felt OK the following morning.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the "View" rooms -- when the water is low in winter, there is no v...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mattie B, Admin. Assist. at Quality Inn at Lake Powell, responded to this review, June 9, 2017
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your helpful comments and thoughtful feedback.

With warm regards,
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

There are a surprising number of hotels in the Page/Lake Powell area. It being the off-season, my room was very inexpensive, but I would have been willing to pay much more after staying there. My king room was HUGE. Sofa, table, micro/fridge, big flat screen TV, all the essentials. The wifi signal was strong and reliable. I had a bit of a view of the mesas west of town, but that wasn’t all that important to me. I had laundry to do and the laundry room was clean and convenient to my room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. (Try the blue corn mush. It’s a lot like polenta.)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Baycruisers
Mattie B, Admin. Assist. at Quality Inn at Lake Powell, responded to this review, June 15, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your visit to Quality Inn at Lake Powell in Page, Arizona. We appreciate your helpful comments and thoughtful feedback.

Should your travels bring you back to Page, we hope you will stay with us once again.

Zuerich
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was (by far) the least expensive hotel we had on a 2 week trip through the SW, and it was by far the best value. Yes, the Hotel is older, but it has had renovations done and our room was clean, modern, and comfortable. We had a big king bed with the room facing the street on the second floor - but the patio doors sealed well and there was very little noise (only when there were kids playing directly below our balcony). The in room wifi was strong and very useful, and the only complaint to be had was that the toilet ran after a flush until one jiggled the handle (told staff at check out and they said they would note it for maintenance).
The staff were all welcoming and professional, and on request gave us a few suggestions for places to eat that night, as well as directions to some of the local sights.
The breakfast was fully acceptable - if a little "plastic" - but as a free breakfast who can complain.
We paid 45$ for our stay at this hotel, and this was by far the best "value" experience that we had on our trip. The hotel is not 5*, and yes it is a little older, but you certainly get what you pay for and the people who run the hotel are making clear efforts to keep their guests happy. I would certainly recommend it to value conscious travellers!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank canswiss

Sassenage, France
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel looked good from the outside. But that's as far as it went. There were NO plugs in the room to charge electrical equipment (cameras, phones, tablets, iPods etc...). Only by unplugging one of the bedside lamps. Their snack bar restaurant in the evening only served basic salads on plastic plates, with plastic cutlery. Really bad. We had a knock on our door at 8 am in the morning by a cleaner wanting to make our beds (we were checking out later that morning). Why didn't she know that we were checking out but hadn't done so yet? She came back an hour later, just after breakfast, when we were still preparing our suitcases. We heard her knocking on all the doors in the corridor crying "Housekeeping". I've never encountered that in any hotel in any destination I've been to. This hotel is pretty on the outside but really, really bad on the inside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrinaB04
Mattie B, Admin. Assist. at Quality Inn at Lake Powell, responded to this review, May 30, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about the unpleasant experience you had at Quality Inn Lake Powell in Page, Arizona. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what occurred.

Again, thank you for your candid comments and bringing these issues to our attention.

Regards,
Quality Inn Lake Powell Management
St. George, Utah
Reviewed November 8, 2013

we stayed at this hotel during the balloon festival. the location could not have been better. the staff were all friendly and helpful. i have also reviewed the comfort inn --look at my review for a comparison of the 2 hotels. while this hotel is old and has dated furnishings, everything was comfortable and worked properly. it was also extremely clean -- the carpeting was so clean, i wondered if it was recently installed. other reviewers have commented about it being "old and tired", but since it is clean and the staff is so pleasant, i really can't complain about it being "old and tired". the breakfast is quite good and the breakfast room has a nice view of the golf course. it is a good budget hotel and i felt it was a real bargain. we were able to walk over to the restaurant area, while our friends who stayed elsewhere had to try to find parking since their hotel was so far from the main street where the balloon glow event was. if the fact that it is an older facility would bother you, try the comfort inn instead. it is a new hotel.

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple