“Rude Rude Rude!!!”

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Page
Portland, Oregon
“Rude Rude Rude!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a room reserved for Thursday night. About 30 mins south of Page, the highway was closed. It was 5pm . The detour would've taken 3 hours to get to Page. We had been on the road already for 10 hours. We decided to cancel and just stay in next town which was Kanab, UT. We had until 6p to cancel Travelodge Page reservation so we wouldn't get dinged for the room. I called to cancel. Was told they were too busy to help me - call back in an hour. Then she told me the road wasnt closed - they had all kinds of people coming in. I told her there were barricades across the highway and it had been closed. She then told me to take the detour. No - we weren't driving another 3 hours. I told her I needed to cancel by 6p and was quickly losing cell signal. She told me to quit yelling at her - LOL! She put me on hold and never came back. I called again and tried to explain I would be losing coverage very soon, could she please take my name and cancel for me. She hung up. At 5:58p I got a signal and quickly called again and just gave her my confirmation # and told her to cancel. This time she told me to hold and came back with a cancel conf #. All on all - the most bizarre experience I've ever had with anyone at a hotel front desk and we travel a lot. That clerk was VERY lucky we didn't show up.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank travelbugs093

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Staff were efficient and prompt, not bursting with customer service or going the extra mile though. Room was your standard motel room from the 1990s, it was clean and basic with a tube tv.

We wouldn't have minded paying $70 a night for this but we stayed at holiday inns and motel 6's much nicer for less.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

It was busy in Page so our only option was this hotel which was not cheap in price but was in facilities. This is a typical motel but due to heavy rain, the noise of the water falling from the 2nd floor was only matched by the noise from people walking around upstairs. The air conditioned cuts out automatically when the room gets anywhere near cool. On the whole, you can get better in Page for the money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Huntington Station
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was dissapointed with your Page Az.,Travelodge ! It was run down & in need of repair. The wall paper was pealing off ,the hair dryer did not work & the heat lamps in the bath were also broken. The woman at the desk was very unhospitalbe When we checked in and we asked a question she was very rude ! The motel looked a lot better on the website then in real life.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Green Valley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The room was clean, had a refrigerator and microwave, and our small dog was allowed to stay with us. But there were some deficiencies. Bread, cereal, watered-down juice and dried-up oranges...that is breakfast, folks! An extension cord was missing to connect the microwave to power. I told the young lady at the front desk about the problem. She handed me an extension cord, and warned me...'turn this in tomorrow or you will be charged $10.' Is there an extension cord shortage in Page? Won't the next occupants of the room have the same problem? Weird!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Called that night - told them I'd be late, possibly next morning, as I was driving in from 400+ miles away. Asked them to confirm my very late arrival, charge my card, and ensure my room was available regardless of my arrival time. 5 minutes later my phone beeped with the alert that my card had been charged...
So, I arrive early in the morning, and the girl says "oh - we had you as a no show." Took them a minute to find a room for me, then told me they might have to move me later, with no reason given. About 5 hours later they called the room and asked me to move 2 rooms down. Same type of room. When I asked why, there was no explanation - just that they needed me to move. I asked later at the desk - still no reason.

B'fast - pitiful.

Room, however, was decent - very comfortable bed and pillows, decent water pressure, and very cold AC.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends