“Comparison.”

Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This motel is a dump! We were suppose to get a handicapped accessible room--the first, dirty room they gave us had a couple of shovels of tar dumped in front of the door...that's what they called a ramp. It had no bars in the bathroom and a low toilet. The second room was minimally better but it was dreary and not very clean. One night we brought food in and went to eat by the pool. After watching roaches climb up the wall next to the table, we lost our appetites. There are many better economic choices in Page that we heard were much better - best western, a newish comfort inn. I was traveling with my husband, sister and mother.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Not really bad, but simply 20 dollar to expensive for what it has to offer.Old,in need of maintenance.Rooms and beds clean, a bit noise from your neighbours, but not worse then in other motels.Friendly staff.All in all a good basic place to stay when in Page,but nothing special,would not recommend it for more then one night.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

On a recent trip to the Southwest, I booked the Travelodge for my husband and I for our two night stay in the Page area. Initially, I had booked another hotel that was quite a bit more expensive, but in the interest of saving money, figuring we wouldn't be in the room much anyway, we switched to the Travelodge instead.

We arrived an hour or so after check-in, and the process was relatively easy. We were given a WiFi code, and times for breakfast in the morning.

Upon coming into our room, I was immediately struck at how old it was. Every single thing in the room was unplugged. Alarm clock, refrigerator, coffee maker, lights...you name it. This screams of a hotel trying their best to save money.

When my husband sat on the foot of the bed to remove his shoes, it literally folded in half, as clearly the frame was broken. We got a good and hard laugh about its condition, until I walked around the side of it and hit my shin bone on a 2x4 that was under the mattress to provide support. The end of it stuck out, but was masked by the comforter so I didn't see it. That wasn't so funny.

We had purchased some food to bring along, since the room had a refrigerator. After plugging it in, and cranking it up, we realized that despite the loud noises it made, it didn't actually get cold. Ever.

The next morning, we went down to the continental breakfast prior to our Antelope Canyon tour. Along with us came 100 of our closest Travelodge friends, in a tiny (teeny) room. The seats were all full, needless to say, and obtaining food was like going through an obstacle course. People everywhere, all trying to toast a bagel or pour coffee, is not the most fun thing to deal with in the morning. I finally just grabbed a couple of mini-muffins since they were the closest in proximity, and ate them outside on the front steps.

By that moment, my fingers were itching to log in and review this hotel, giving it a one star. Then something happened; I spent the day in Page.

What I discovered was that the town is, well, mostly poor. A couple of restaurants that came highly recommended were literally holes in the wall with paint peeling and plastic silverware. Spending the day there, visiting several local businesses and stores, it changed my whole view. I saw a town that doesn't have much, but is really trying. They are very reliant on the tourism industry. I suddenly began to feel shamed at my snobby big city views.

I also noticed that really, none of the hotels looked like 5 star establishments. Most appeared old and dilapidated, much like how I viewed the Travelodge.

With that in mind, I changed my perception and actually enjoyed the rest of my stay. The room is old, yes. But the location is good, and the balconies great for viewing sundown over Glen Canyon. I really think that an experience can be what you make of it, and truthfully, I had a pretty darn good experience at this hotel.

2  Thank deevamf
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel met our basic needs of a one night stay in Page, but the price for what the hotel offers is very high. The room was good. The mattress was soft and comfortable. The HVAC worked well.

Breakfast did not start until 6:30 which is a problem trying to make the 7:30 boat tour to Rainbow Bridge. The breakfast was a bit below average for the price they charged. They had bagels, toast, pastries, hot and cold cereal, juice, coffee, tea and fresh fruit.

They did not have a USA today.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

All accommodation in Page is expensive and this hotel was mid range. Upgraded room had fridge, microwave, balcony. The location was ok. The best thing was the view of the dam from the balcony. The water was hot and the room was clean. There was a pool that quite a few people were using. Breakfast was basic, cereal, juice, toast, bagels, muffins, tea, coffee. What more would you want! Would stay here again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The people were very friendly, the rooms were clean. Other than the dead bolt lock on the main door was broke and we got locked in the room and then the phone didn't work so that we could call the front desk. thank goodness we had a cell phone and that there was a fire. They could get ahold of the maintanicnec guys.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family