“Hit and Miss”

The Point Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 58 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. George, Utah
“Hit and Miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The venue and ambiance of the Restaurant was great, and I've loved coming here in past years, but this time, the food was terrible. The menu was trying too hard. There's a laid back, relaxed feel to the restaurant and a place where big groups come in, it just would make more sense to me to have the menu they had a few years ago. More pizza, and just more food in general. There were little choices, and the $25 steak I ordered, medium rare, came out almost black with no flavor. I'm saying bring back the fan favorites, and stop trying to make this a high class restaurant when you don't have the venue or customers to fit that kind of atmosphere. I have loved this place, but it's trying to be the rainbow room when it was better as something else.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Lindsay J

Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Lake Powell Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was by far the best place to eat in Page AZ, The location was outstanding, Beautiful rocks with Lake Powell literally underneath your feet. The restaurant is a floating one, witch i have never seen in my life. The service was outstanding. Right away i got seated inside or outside form my choosing. I had the delicious Pasta Jadi'tooh a unique dish with a very amazing taste to it, and one glass of wine. My waitress always came at the right time when i needed something. After dinner i found myself at the "Sand Bar" witch is in the restaurant as well watching sports on there many big screens. The bar was as fun as Lake Powell itself. They had many drinks as well as a "Shot Ski" it is a ski with four shot glasses put on. After the fun was over I left the establishment with a smile on my face. And on more perk there was cart service waiting to pick me up and take me to my vehicle.

• Visited September 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Tasty Food but more of a Novelty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Enjoyed some pretty tasty steak tacos. We picked up a discount card from the antelope tours we took. 10% off and half the entry fee $7 in to the national park. It was recommended to us by Jason of the Lower Antelope tours. There was a very long ramp down to the floating restaurant (10 minute walk although they have golf carts that you can ride down in). We walked it but they had cart rides down the long ramp. We were there on a random Monday afternoon in May and but there were still people hanging out ordering drinks. It was a beautiful spot and good to say I tried the world’s largest floating restaurant but if not boating might be a hassle to repeat.

• Visited May 2012
Prescott, Arizona
“Overrated for view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you like looking at lots of houseboats the view is OK but not much for scenery. It's a 10 minute drive from Page and not worth it. You need to take a golf cart from the parking lot to the floating restaurant. The dining room is huge so there is no atmosphere. Food was OK as are the prices and service.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 4cornershiker
Elgin Illinois
“nice marina bar and grill with a view.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and i had lunch here in sept. after touring the slot canyons.After parking you have to walk down to the marina (might be steep for some folks). Here there is the point restaurant. For lunch its like a cafateria order off the board , pay for your meal and bring a ticket to your table. They will find you deliver your order.
The food is bar/grill quality not special but not bad. Just what we were looking for the quasadias filled me up alone.
The view was nice and had a slight breeze off the water coming into the place. Looks like there is live entertainment here but not during our visit.
Note for those with limited mobility. You can ask for a ride down and up to the marina by a golfcart. there is an intercome system Just push the button and ask.
The point is located in antelope marina. Entering in you will have to pay a recreational fee to enter the area. (if you paid for one at lake powell resort you can use that)

• Visited September 2012

Been to The Point Restaurant? Share your experiences!