“Debbie's Dump Should Stay Hidden!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Page
Debbie's Hide a Way
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Page
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I have been a Tripadvisor reader for a few years and have always appreciated other traveler’s input. But for the first time, I felt duped. At the time I booked Debbie’s, it was the number one rated hotel in Page and had glowing reviews. I have no idea how!!

From the moment we pulled up, it looked sketchy. The old pink exterior does this place no favors. However, based on Tripadvisor reviews, I felt comfortable that it would be nice inside.

We walked in the door and were shocked. There were multiple stains on the carpet. The dust was thick. Couch cushions and pillows were stained. It was just dirty!! After unsuccessfully trying to locate rooms elsewhere in the city, I asked the manager for another room. He was very apologetic and feverishly cleaned another unit to make it livable for us. He tried his best to accommodate us.

I have attached pictures of the unit. Keep in mind they are of the slightly nicer and cleaner second unit. The kitchen area has an oven, refrigerator and microwave. The fridge was dirty. The living area had ancient, dirty furniture. The couch was filthy and dusty. The fake plants had layers of dust on them. The bedroom was fairly clean. The bathroom was a joke. Mold in the shower, only one working light, a disgusting linen closet and ZERO electrical outlets.

We decided to make the best of it after going to the store and getting our own sheets for the beds. However, it was a tough night’s sleep mostly due to the fact that the units do not have air conditioning (this Arizona….in the summer!!). They have “evaporative air coolers”. Basically, it was a fan in the hallway ceiling that blew cool humidified air. It made us all feel sticky and gross.

I am usually not a picky traveler and try not to be too critical. However, at prices starting at $100/night, I would expect much better conditions. If you have already booked a room at Debbie’s or are planning on staying there, consider yourself warned!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank DaveLD

Reviewed July 17, 2008

Made a guaranteed reservation several weeks in advance. While in the middle of my trip and only a few days prior to my scheduled arrival I recieved an email saying they had overbooked and would not honor my reservation. They had booked me in the Rodeway Inn which they said they had checked out and normally made referrals to the property. Also offered to comp my room the next time I'm in Page, AZ (which is never). I sent a mail back asking that they split the cost of my one night at the Rodeway for my trouble - never recieved any response.

Stayed at the Rodeway and it was terrible. Needless to say my spouse and I spent a very unhappy night in Page. They should have referred us to the Marriott Courtyard or Holiday Inn Express. They obvioulsy had not checked it out the Rodeway very well.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple