“Loved our hide-away!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Debbie's Hide a Way

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Page
Debbie's Hide a Way
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Page
Montreal, Canada
“Loved our hide-away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for two nights mid-trip and, for us, it was an oasis after days in antiseptic, over-priced chain hotels/motels. I've seen other comments here that the decor was kitsch-y and yes, it was - and we loved it! (If modern decor is important to you, you should probably stick with the chains.) But if you want to feel like you're home-away-from-home during a long trip, Debbie's Hide a Way is a godsend. We had a one-bedroom apartment, full kitchen (FULLY equipped), living room, and yes, lots of old board games, which we also loved! Laundry facilities and Wi-Fi are free (another godsend!) and there's a Safeway a couple of blocks away. Our host, Tom, was really friendly and helpful, giving us lots of tips about the best places and times to get good shots at different sites (we're amateur photographers); he really made us feel welcome. It's a 10-minute drive to Antelope Canyon, and about 90 minutes to Monument Valley. It felt great to come "home" at the end of the day, make a nice meal and relax in a human environment. It was extremely affordable and I would totally recommend it to anyone doing a similar route to ours (Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, Monument Valley, etc.). If we are ever back that way, we are most certainly going to stay there again. Thanks Debbie's!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the barbeque area on the patio just because it's a common area...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NewbieTravelers333, Owner at Debbie's Hide a Way, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Kitsch-y, I don’t know. Comfortable home away from home, yes! When Debbie & I travel, we find it rather annoying to discover the wi-fi is extra, the laundry facility requires a fist full of quarters, and the microwave is maxed out with 2 cups of coffee. It is wonderful to come home to a full kitchen after stopping at Safeway to pick up a steak that only you can grill to perfection. -Don't worry about picking up any spices, all of our kitchens come stocked with an assortment of seasonings.
As you discovered, Tom truly enjoys what he does and does it well. If you have a question about Page or Lake Powell, Tom knows or will find the answer!
Lynn, we are pleased you and your husband chose to stay with us last October and hope to see you again this year. Thanks and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

The moment we arrived at the hotel, my mom was saying, "This is where we're staying?!". The hotel is painted a horrible 'pink' colour that makes it look super old and outdated. We arrived early (about 1-2 hours ahead of check-in time) but thankfully, we were able to get our room first.

Our unit had a full kitchen, 1 sofa bed and 1 bedroom with a queen size bed. Cleanliness - It didn't look horrible but at the same time, it didn't look super clean or anything either. I'd say it was a 3.5/5. Sometimes my gauge is based on how comfortable I feel when I went to sleep...I didn't mind too much being in my pajamas and fell asleep pretty quickly. However, the washroom felt outdated and also felt a bit unclean. I don't believe I chose to take a shower cause the towels didn't look amazingly clean (but I think it was more a bit old as opposed to being dirty).

The downside we experienced - Check-out. We had woken up early to start driving to Grand Canyon and I think were ready to leave by around 6:30-7a. However, when we went to the office, the guy wasn't there and our phone wasn't working. We found I think it was a Holiday Inn just a block away and thankfully, the front desk there let me make a phone call (even though it was a long distance call..the office guy at Debbie's Hide-Away has a phone that wasn't from the Arizona region). We called the office # and his cell phone and was only able to leave a voice-mail. Thankfully, as I was preparing to step out, the girl called me back saying he was calling. We spoke to him and he said he was showering but would come as soon as possible (I don't think he lives very far from the hotel). We went back to the hotel and I'm guessing, waited about 20-30mins until he finally came. This was the main inconvenience since we were really hoping to leave earlier for Grand Canyon.

Overall, an alright hotel...price wasn't bad but if you want something nice, this may not be what you're looking for.

Tip: If you plan to check out early, make sure to talk to the office guy the night before so he knows and will be in the office.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us in September. After becoming aware of the inconvenience you experienced, we have made changes so that very early checkouts will not have any problems in the future. We are remodeling the suites including the bathrooms for a more modern appearance while maintaining the vintage charm. It is our hope we provided you a pleasurable place to stay as you and your lovely Mother visited our beautiful canyons and Lake Powell.
Annecy, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I go a lot from the feeling that you get from a place, and this was great. No, it's not the most modern, but everything was clean and functional and I had loads of space. Amenities are fantastic: equiped kitchen, free laundry, backyard BBQ, walking distance of stores and restaurants (nice Italian). The owners, Tom and Tony, are friendly and welcoming. Overall it's just great value.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
NewbieTravelers333, Owner at Debbie's Hide a Way, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We are thrilled you took pleasure in your visit to Page and were able to use our list of 'things to see & do'. After hiking Lower Antelope Canyon and showing us your photos, we were ready to go back again for another viewing ourselves! Come back this year, and after your hike, we will make sure the grill is lit and ready for your next delectable dish creation. Thanks!
Riverton, Utah, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Debbie's Hide Away is perfectly named: It is the perfect place to hide if you are in witness protection or running from the law. Not even the cops or a hit man would follow you there. I'm amazed at people who have given this dump four and five dot ratings. I'm thinking they're having one on in hopes they can get other people to be suckered in like they were and like we were. We stayed there recently and couldn't check out early enough. The place is UGLY with a capital UG. It was also expensive. I'll admit, the place INSIDE was clean and the beds were decent, other than that, unless it's a desperate situation I'd steer clear.

One of our kids asked which decade it was a throwback to and honestly, I couldn't answer. I started with the 50's but saw Kitsch and knick-knacks and board games etc. from the 60's, 70's and probably 80's but nothing more current than that. Outside the entire place is painted just a shade shy of shocking pink. In the back common area there are several plastic flamingos to go along with that pink theme. They have to be a gag, right?

The capper was the crapper. The plumbing is old. The toilet appeared to be sluggish so I employed the plunger thoughtfully provided in the bathroom. As I plunged the plunger, "water" bubbled and boiled up in the bathtub. Later I heard giggling from the bathroom . . . but not the good kind . . . as my wife was brushing her teeth, running water down the sink, the toilet started filling up, gurgling and blurping as the sink drained. I'm no plumbing expert but it would be a stretch to claim those connections were features and not problems.

If you are desperate and need a campy laugh and are immune to post check-out worries. Go ahead and spend too much for a really memorable stay in a really scary motel in a really dingy part of a small Arizona border town.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Randy K
We are truly sorry you had a less than fantastic stay with us. At least you found your suite was clean and the beds were comfortable. We could not find any problems you described with the commode or plumbing. Page does not have the flashy Vegas shows and extravagant gambling but as they say great things come in small packages and most guests enjoy the spectacular scenery and the Lake that our little town has to offer. We are sorry we weren't able to better accommodate you Randy.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

When searching for a place in Page to stay the one night we would be there, I was not impressed by the selection of hotels Page has to offer. By total accident, I happened upon this site and found out about Debbie's Hideaway. It was well-rated among the reviews I read. Most said it was outdated but clean and the staff was friendly. Well I have to say I completely agree and now must leave my own review. It is most certainly outdated (in a charming way though) but it was clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly, both when we checked in and when I called to make the reservation. The back patio area was cute. Honestly, we had only 2 complaints about the place: 1) the lack of deadbolt locks on the doors and 2) whatever cleaning product they use must be scented and we didn't care for the smell (though after 5 minutes, you don't notice it anymore). We would absolutely stay here again and recommend this place to others.

1 Thank Jesi J
NewbieTravelers333, Owner at Debbie's Hide a Way, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you Jesi, for visiting us on your tour last October. We are currently in the process of remodeling and hopefully we will be up to date and as charming as your family and other guest have found refreshing. We are pleased you used and enjoyed our patio area. A clean suite is essential for making our guests feel comfortable so we are currently experimenting with several different products tying to find the most efficient and pleasant. We would love to have you return and see our newest improvements! Thanks again Jesi.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in Page for a few nights recently whilst we explored the area. We opted for Debbie's Hide-A-Way due to it's favourable TripAdvisor reviews and as we were 2 couples it made sense to request a three bedroom suite.

Great location - close to amenities and the neighbourhood feels really safe too, very quiet and secluded.

Our appartment was just what we needed, with 3 bedrooms (2 queens and one twin), private bathroom, lounge area and kitchen. Laundry facilities are also available free of charge, as is the wi-fi (which is faster than many hotels!). It's a quaint little place, but the atmosphere was excellent - great guidance and maps too from the 'front desk', which were very helpful.

Price is also great, especially when compared to other hotels in the area. It was a little more difficult to book than standard hotels, as there is no direct online booking, and travelling from the UK it was a little more difficult to discuss payment details; however there were no problems.

I would definitely stay here again if in Page, and recommend to others too.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate the opportunity to assist you while you explored our gorgeous country. As you discovered, our suites are only a three minute walk from the center of Page, yet peaceful and cozy. We have just installed another wifi router to ensure speed for our guests. We take pride in our intimate facility, as we have the time to share with our guests and guide them to the best spots for photos, tours, and info on the Lake and canyons. Again, THANK YOU Laura, the pleasure was ours meeting you and your family!
Valdez, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were a bit thrown off by the photos. Not the cookie cutter hotels we were used to. Took a chance and loved it. Loved the nightly bonfires, met lots of people, great backyard to read and gaze at the random collection of backyard ornaments. Historical unit dating back to the glen canyon dam construction. 1950's decor. Great management, willing to bend over backwards to help. Dated furnishings but extremely clean. A great choice to get out of your box. We will be back to Debbie's!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family