“Small but clean room, friendly staff”

LuLu's Sleep Ezze Motel
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Page
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Coming down the street we were put off by some of the neighboring motels that were not as well maintained. Lulu's was well maintained with friendly and casual staff. Some good food options within walking distance. Shared kitchen facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Breezy-N-Wheezy

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Motel is located in 8th avenue not far from some dininig places and a safeway. The room was nice, clean and the rate was really good!! There was free WiFi and coffee and our host helped us with some sightseeing tips. You can use the complete kitchen which is really a good thing to make your own dinner!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fabian-20131
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I actually arrived a day early in Page and had booked only one night, the next night. I'd thought it couldn't hurt to stop by and see if they had any availability. The super nice lady working called Matt to see if I could take the room that was being fixed the next day, as long as I got up early. He agreed and gave me the larger room for the smaller one bedroom price since they were making me leave early. I was planning to see the sunrise at horseshoe bend so it was perfect. Most places would've just said no, and that had been it, but she really took the time to help me out.

As for the room itself, very basic. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The sheets and towels super soft. It's in a great location and the communal kitchen is a nice touch. There is also a grill and tables out back.

My only complaint, and that's looking for something is the lack of a clock. You don't realize you miss it until it's not there. Also my second room didn't have a deadbolt which was present in the first nights room.

It is so close to Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. The price, the cleanliness and the friendliness would bring me back if I passed through Page again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank carchatys
Reviewed March 17, 2014

After visiting the Lower Canyon in Page we stayed the night in LuLu's Sleep Ezze Motel based on other reviews we read on Tripadvisor. Well we can tell you we were certainly not disappointed.

This motel is a small motel with approximately 10 rooms and is kept by Matt a really friendly and hospitable guy. We arrived around 14.00 hrs. and found the front office closed. At least that was what we read on the front door sign. When we walked up to the door we read a note posted on the door that stated that the room keys were in the office and we could use the kitchen in the same area. Coffee machine, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Barbecue in the patio, it was all present Further it stated that we could call Matt if we were in need of anything. He advised us to park our car in the free parking space at the back of the motel and would be in later to meet us.

Well that felt very welcome and conversant so we picked up the key and went to our room. The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. There were sufficient towels and even special cloths for cleaning your shoes.

There is no breakfast included. We visited a nearby Safeway supermarket to pick up some breakfast the evening before.

If you are wondering where the name LuLu came from: She was the former owner of the motel before Matt and his father took over the management of the motel.

Highly recommended if you are looking for a good night sleep in a friendly little motel at a reasonable price.

+++ Don't forget to click on the 'helpful' button if you appreciate the review +++

Room Tip: We had room 2 which was at the side of the motel, this was a fine room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
16  Thank Nico T
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I see a lot of favorable reviews, so let me balance those a bit. Staff is friendly, but this is a true motel experience. My room door was on the outside of the building in a bit of a sketchy neighborhood. By "sketchy" I mean there was a toilet in the yard (yes, outside) the wooden fence on the property is dilapidated and the grounds and general area need repair. Also, I'm a bit of a germ phobe and when I saw that the A\C unit was full of dust and debris, I didn't think I could stay. Then, I found a gray pubic hair on top of the bedding, and that was the last straw for me--I headed down the road to find a Holiday Inn Express. I'm a bit high maintenance I suppose, but maybe y review will help you make an informed choice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank emgailm
Matt P, Manager at LuLu's Sleep Ezze Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It is my pleasure to address these concerns as I am always trying to make LuLu's a better place.

Since taking over in July, I have always maintained that cleanliness is the number one priority...without it, you don't have anything in this business and you can see that our scores for being clean are pretty high. However, occasionally things (hairs, for example) can sneak through. Your review will help us to be diligent...a reminder that it can happen if we don't stay observant.

As far as the toilet....there was a new one being installed and the old one was disposed of when the work was completed. You just caught us before the work was done, as you arrived about 4 hours early, so you have to cut me a little slack there. The air conditioners are in the process of being replaced as well. The old ones are malfunctioning and are dirty inside, but they are at least 13 years old. Three have been done and 4 more are being delivered this week, so everything will be brand new soon (and they aren't cheap!). The fence does need replacement...we'll get to it but honestly, it's down the list right now :)

Guests, rest assured that work, time, and money are going into this place to make it better! It's MINE and I care about every inch of it. We have moved up 5 spots on Tripadvisor since July. I think it's a great little place that offers something different from the big corporations. Is it Holiday Inn Express? No. But it's also half the price :)

Thanks to the reviewer for their honesty and to all who took the time to read this! I read and appreciate ALL of the reviews posted here. Safe travels!

Matt

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We arrived in Page after dark and went to LuLu's after reading positive reviews on trip advisor. There was a phone number listed on the office door for after hours. We rang and Matt soon arrived full of smiles and was very welcoming despite our late, unannounced arrival. He gave us a lot of information about Page and provided some excellent suggestions for things to do. He showed us the communal kitchen which was well stocked with all cutlery, crockery, condiments etc that you would need for self catering. There was an oven, cooktop etc fridge, tea/coffee making facilities and a TV. There is also a BBQ area but we did not use this.

The room was extremely clean and we had a very restful sleep. The room we stayed in had it's own fridge but did not have it's own TV - which might be important to some people. As i previously mentioned there is a TV in the communal area.

Overall this family run business provided us with a clean, comfortable nights accommodation for very little money. We would be happy to stay again and highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good nights accommodation that represents good value for money. Matt is an excellent host and I wish him much future business success.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Wanderingallaround
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We recently stayed at LuLu's. Matt was a great host. When he left for the evening he came by our room to make sure we had everything we needed. The motel has a full kitchen that you can use and the room was very clean. There was a lovely patio area in the back with picnic tables and grills. I could imagine being there in warmer weather and grilling outside. Would definitely recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple