“Way overpriced, even for a great view”

Butterfield Stage Co
Ranked #49 of 59 Restaurants in Page
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were a party of four for dinner at 8pm. We should have listened to the warning signs that there were almost no cars in the parking lot, which is never a good sign for a restaurant. We decided to give it a chance anyway.

The inside has old West decor, with a Western-facing view of Lake Powell. We were able to catch the sunset, which was lovely. There is a large outdoor terrace with dining as well, provided you can be comfortable on wrought iron chairs.

Their specialty is steak, with plenty of cuts available on the menu - prime rib, filet mignon, sirloin, and the Porterhouse, which is the house specialty. Prices were like what you see in a high-end steakhouse - $28 - $38 a plate. You do get a choice of potato and vegetable with the meal, but the prices are definitely high for this area.

The dinner rolls had a hint of cinnamon, and served with Country Crock spread. Real butter would have been nice. Probably the highlight of the meal was the presentation (blurry mobile picture provided). A zigzag cut baked potato with a creatively cut celery stalk, steak, veg, and fruit. To provide context, the baked potato was the size of my fist, and the steak (filet in this case) was 3-4 ounces at best. Very disappointing for the $28 price tag.

Our server was attentive, bringing carafes of soft drink refills without being prompted. The food was pretty bland. No one in our party of four was overwhelmed with the flavor of their meal. All in, with only one person having a glass of wine, the total bill was $180 for 4 with tip factored in.

Reviews on Yelp were much more critical, and we wish we had seen them prior to dining here. My advice would be to go for the view, have a cocktail on the patio, but dine elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Butterfield Stage Co

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Very friendly. staff, The food. was great. Outstanding. View. of Lake Powell. If you are in the Page area stop by you won't regret it.

2  Thank Darren S
Reviewed April 14, 2014

While pricey (just about everything in Page was), this was our favorite dining place in Page, AZ. We sat outside on the verandah on a beautiful summer evening and had a delicious dinner with the live background music from a guitarist. Lovely meal!

2  Thank CampingJan
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had the distinct pleasure and surprise dinning at the Butterfield Stage steakhouse. I did not expect to find anything approaching fine dining in Page. The decor and ambience are what you would expect to find in a small western town. My big surprise came from the prime rib that Chef Ron served me. I ordered the prime rib -- requesting either an end cut or a rare slice. What Chef Ron produced was a singular piece in my 50 plus years of dining experience -- a crispy end cut that was rare! Not only was the meat exquisitely prepared -- it was from a fine piece of beef -- I suspect a prime grade. The presentation was what I would expect from Morton's or Ruth's Chris -- and the beef was every bit as good. I cannot overstate my surprise and delight.

1  Thank johne37179
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

A little high but well worth it...If you are in town please stop by and eat...you won't regret it. The staff is very nice the singing was good also nothing bad to say about the place.

1  Thank Samantha H

Been to Butterfield Stage Co? Share your experiences!