“Lack of good service”

Rome, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lack of good service”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Went here with a group of 8 people. Waited 20 minutes to be sat when there were only 2 other tables occupied in the entire facility. When we finally sat down waited 15 minutes before getting up to leave because no one took our drink order. I've been a waitress for over 10 years and it's the worst service I've ever seen.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jayme512

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Rochester, New York
“Slow service”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Waitress sat us, gave us menus and walked away. Waited 5 minutes and still no offer of coffee and had not taken order. The place was not busy. Don't know why waitress was not tentative. Food was ok.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sue3557
Erie, Pennsylvania
“horrible”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Horrible food , very dirty restaurant , long wait for food & they werent busy & unclean staff .............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Visited March 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Poor quality of food!!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Took family to Denny's for dinner and was a mistake, kids dinner was disgusting and my prime rib salad was old lettuce with microwaved and overheated rocks. Never again!

• Visited February 2014
Page, Arizona
“Horrible!! Almost too bad to believe!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Headed down to Denny's for some meatloaf after work. Turns out they don't serve meatloaf anymore. Okay. Server warned me they were also out of hamburger, bread, salmon, steaks, and a bunch of other things. So I settled for spaghetti and meatballs. 20 minutes later nothing has appeared but I overhear the server tell another table the manager went into town to buy some hamburger. So I asked her if that included my meatballs too. Figured they were thawed out and microwaved. Nope, it included my meatballs - no one told me. So I waited. When I got my meal 45 minutes later no meatballs, just crumbled hamburger in the spaghetti which was now very lifeless. And - no garlic bread. Manager, back from her grocery shopping came by the table to mumble something...asked her to please just bring me my garlic bread and don't burn it. You guessed it, the garlic bread arrived burned. Would have hated to be staff, telling all the dinner rush diner they're out of the fixin's for what they want to eat. Even without all the out-of-raw-materials drama it was the worst meal I can remember eating in a long long while. A can of spaghetti would have been better. One server confessed the food is shipped to them by a corporate computer - what some genius thinks they need rather than allowing them to order what they need. And the place still is dirty, the spoons were dirty, and the sewer smell still permeates the lobby area. Really sad that the owners of this franchise don't care about their customers. Really sad that Denny's corporate doesn't care this dive franchise is giving their brand a bad name. And, worst of all, when an order was up the wait staff just left it sitting there to cool...as if it wasn't their job. When I saw my order finally come up I had to flag down a server - then she went up to it, looked at the tag, then walked away a while before she came back to bring it to me.
Rude...it'll be a long time before I return...or recommend....probably should put up a warning sign somewhere for the unwary. Yes...it really really really was that bad tonight.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Riverkilt

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!