Book In Advance
Tours from Upper Antelope Canyon tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Upper Antelope Canyon
from $209.99
from $218.60
from $218.60
from $458.99
1,016 results
All reviews our tour guide antelope canyon light beams take pictures chief tsosie navajo tours prime time bucket list camera settings open truck sun rays make reservations bumpy ride pickup truck at noon mid day around noon
Reviewed 6 days ago

Start with a bumpy fast ride in the back bed of a dusty pickup truck, try to see through the dirty plastic cover surrounding you, and arrive at a very congested tourist spot. You won’t get the photos in their ad, but you will get some nice shots depending on the time of day. We felt we were rushed thru. There were so many other large groups in the narrow canyon at the same time as us. It was impossible to hear our guide most of the time as we were in the middle and back of the group. Wouldn’t make this my first thing to do to put it politely.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Wonderful tour. Frank was our tour guide, he was great. Had a lot of information about the Upper Antelope Canyon. He told us how to set our cameras and took lots of photos with our cameras. Since it is 11/10, the sun does not shine directly into the canyon less the light beams, however still breathtaking!
A must see!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were there at 9.30 and was not that spectacular but not that many people. I would prefer prime time but there was no place even though I booked tickets 3 weeks in advance. And yes you need to book tickets in advance.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a must see if your in the area. The price is a little high but well worth the money. The Navajo are doing a nice job of using their resources, I was very impressed. You would never know the place existed unless you walk right up to it. Nature is dressed in her Sunday go to Meeting splendor here.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Recently visited Upper Antelope Canyon with Navajo Tours. Although the canyon was rather dark due to the angle of the sun, our guide Tommy was extremely helpful in making sure we got the best photos possible. The ride to the canyon in the truck was very dusty, I would recommend you bring a bandana to cover your face. The staff overall are welcoming and patient as many of the visitors do not speak English.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This canyon is a trip in itself just getting to the canyon via the open air transport vehicles, but that's half the fun. The canyon itself is beautiful and easily traversed. Not strenuous at all. Well worth the trip! Both the upper and lower canyons can be done in one day, and frankly, I'd recommend doing both!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Beautiful canyon but probably better done mid-summer when the sun is directly overhead, shining down into the canyon instead of at an angle. Very popular but very crowded with one tour after another with multiple tour groups accessing the canyon. The major drawback is the two way traffic. Once your group reaches the end of the canyon, they have to turn around and are ask to take pictures on the inbound portion. Very busy little canyon but beautiful.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Small walk after open truck drive. Your tour Guide can make a difference as they can point out canyon highlights and help you take a great photo. Weather can spoil your trip but that is not under your control. It is dream for Photo opportunity Loved it. Prefer Upper Antelope over lower Of course if you have time See both.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I did both upper and lower canyon the same day and I have to say, I initially thought I like lower canyon better, but my photos from upper canyon were better. It was also a bit cooler (temp wise) in upper canyon than lower.

You have to use a tour company to access either canyon. I would recommend Chief Tsosie for the Upper Canyon tour. You do have a take open air trucks out to the site. It is a rough ride and you will be covered in dust. If this does not appeal to you, don’t go.

Our guide Anthony was great! Pointed out canyon highlights and helped everyone take several photos of those highlights, as well as providing instruction for best camera settings. It feels like a quicker walk through the canyon than the lower canyon experience, which is not a bad thing. You can only take photos on the way through and NOT on the way back. I actually really liked this aspect since everyone is so attached to their device. Makes for a nice device free experience on the way back through.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went on this tour with an experienced photo tour guide and he set us up for the 1130 tour (in October) so the light was perfect for the Antelope Canyon photography.

Hopefully you don't have a day of too much rain the night before because the road in is all dirt and can get rough and muddy.

Try to get a seat near the cab when you are on the open trucks, you get less wind and dust.

Also, sit next to someone you like/love/skinny since the seatbelts are for two people on the trucks.

Also, as a bunch of photography folks, we needed to push our ISO pretty high to get good shots. Our IPhones did well. I ended up putting my SLR on auto and the ISO defaulted, to 5000.

You can take pictures one way, you have to walk back thru without pictures on the way back.

They don't allow flash, or backpacks, it gets pretty tight inside.