“Wonderful Dinner, Great Atmosphere”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We liked El Tapatio as soon as we walked in! The restaurant is decorated in cheerful colors, with carved and painted booths. We received a friendly greeting and were immediately shown to our seats.

Complimentary chips and salsa, along with a delicious slaw were placed on the table and we ordered a couple of margaritas while we reviewed the menu. The margaritas were great!

I had the taco salad and my husband ordered steak fajitas. The entrees were delicious, with sides of rice and beans, and plenty of sour cream and guacamole. The portions were generous and we couldn't finish them. There was probably enough left over for another meal.

Sadly, we were in town for only one night, otherwise we would have eaten there again. I'd recommend El Tapatio for an excellent Mexican meal and friendly service.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for dinner and boy we all glad that we did. From the outside it doesn't look like much. Inside it's well kept and nicely decorated with "traditional" Mexican restaurant decor.

The food was great. Between the four adults and two kids we tasted tacos, enchiladas, seafood & burritos. The table was quiet except for the occasional comment on how good the food was.

The service was good. Our server answered all of our questions and made adjustments without hesitation.

Not sure when we'll be back in Page but if we do we are sure to be back for some great food!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was fantastic! Chips and salsa to start, along with a nice cole slaw. Huge margaritas. Most entrees served with fresh avocado slices (yum!). Everything we ordered (shrimp enchilada, chicken enchilada, pork tacos) was absolutely delicious and portions are huge. Wonderful, wonderful wonderful. We wanted to come back again and again, but alas, we were only in Page one day.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great Adobada and Asada tacos, very prompt service. This is good, solid Mexican food and you won't be disappointed.

There's plenty to like for the real Mexican food lover and the Taco Bell type as well.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

El Tapatio is some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. Admittedly, I live in Knoxville, TN, which has a growing Mexican food scene, but I was very pleased with El Tapatio. When we sat down, we were given chips, and instead of the traditional jarred salsa that comes along with them at most restaurants, we were given a Mexican slaw and some pico. That set the tone for the meal.

I had reviewed their menu before coming, and I had been dreaming about the guacamole. My husband doesn't care for it, but I went ahead and ordered it for myself. It was delicious. The guacamole was a large serving (could easily share with about four people), and was freshly prepared. It had large chunks of avocado, onion, pepper, cilantro, and I could taste the fresh citrus in it. I actually at one point ate it with a spoon. I think I could have just eaten the whole serving as my meal, but I know I would have made myself sick.

As a vegetarian, I was excited to see some things that I don't normally see on most Mexican menus. I ordered the chile relleno burrito. It was a burrito with a chile relleno, beans, and rice inside the burrito itself. I found this unique, and the flavors melded together well. My husband ordered something with steak and shrimp and was equally pleased.

The service was fine, but not anything too outstanding. My husband asked what was in the slaw, and they gladly told him. The decor is a step up from what I consider "traditional Mexican restaurant decor." There were bright colors, but the restaurant itself was somewhat dim, which I welcomed after a morning out in the sun.

I am glad we stopped to eat here. It is near several tour companies for Antelope Canyon, and I recommend making it a pre or post tour pit stop.

Been to El Tapatio? Share your experiences!