“Great tour!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We arrived at 12:45 pm and were able to get on 1 pm tour without prior booking. $25/ person did not seem much for experiencing the beauty of the canyon! It took about 15 minutes ride in a deep sand to get to the canyon (be smart and get on the truck early - if you are in back, you may get a lot of sand blown into your face). Our tour guide, Lance, was absolutely great and I can only recommend him (especially after we overheard the other guides!!). He was very knowledgeable - knew important but also "fun facts" about the place, he showed us where to take the best pictures and remained calm and friendly when others were trying to push us forward (great people skills!). You have to be prepared that the canyon will be busy and there will be a lot of people passing by both directions.

Visited May 2013

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Antelope Canyon Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

As part of our visit to the Grand Canyon, we took a tour of Antelope Canyon. We went early in the morning on the first tour, and were happy we did because it was cooler and less crowded.

Our group consisted of 2 4 wheel drive trucks that had bench seats inside the beds of the trucks. The seats ran the entire length of the bed of the truck, and there were seat belts and handle bars. It's an open air ride, and the driver does drive fast on the sand road, so expect some wind and sand. I'd suggest sunglasses that wrap around your eye to protect your eyes, and a snug fitting hat, a loose hat would fly off too easily. It was not a bad ride, just be prepared.

Our 2 trucks were the first trucks to arrive at the canyon, but it was getting crowded as we were leaving, and when we got out of the canyon there were at least a dozen trucks parked there.

The canyon tour does involve walking in sand, but the walk is easy, but you can expect sand in your shoes. Since the canyon walls are made of compressed sand it's normal for some sand to fall from the top in some areas, so I'd suggest a protective lens on your camera. Dust is also an issue as you walk inside the canyon. The more people walking the more dust. Our tour guide used a scarf to cover her nose/mouth. A scarf or face mask is not a bad idea.

You will have an opportunity to get amazing pictures of this most unique and beautiful canyon. This entire tour is done on the Navajo Indian Reservation by Navajo Indians themselves, and provides and wonderful source of income for them. Please be respectful of their land, and remember to thank them for the experience. The entire tour was about 90 minutes from start to finish, and worth every penny.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank AprilC73
Winters, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“This is the Best company to tour the Antelope Canyon *<:`)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had several tour companies to choose from to tour the Antelope Canyon but we are so lucky we decided to go with Antelope Canyon Navajo Tours that begin right at the Antelope Canyon Navajo Tribal Park. (The only company that is based right at the site and one of the original Navajo families.)
We arrived at the park at 10:15 and bought our tickets for the 11 AM tour from the friendliest, happiest, fun loving group of ladies who we soon found out were our guides. We were put onto a truck and driven out to the canyon entrance. We had the most fantastic guide – Sherry. Sherry is a teacher on the reservation but loves being a guide. The Antelope Canyon is her classroom and we learned so many new things, saw so many amazing rock formations surrounded by the sun peeking and dancing around the canyon with MANY beams of light that Sherry knew how to illuminate. Sherry is an incredible photographer and sometimes borrows your camera to take perfect photos of the rocks with you in it or knew just where to have you stand so you could capture the silhouettes of The Bear, The Coyote, The Eagle, The Angel, and Jesus and many more BEAUTIFUL rock formations. Sherry knew how to capture the best photos. There are many tour groups in the canyon but Sherry knew how to arrange our group so we were never in anyone else’s photo and nobody was blocking our perfect shots. I could tell Sherry loves her job and her guests and we LOVED her. Thank you for an amazing tour!
We were staying in a wonderful B&B just outside of Zion, The Desert Thistle Inn. We spent the beginning of the week hiking Zion, going through the Narrows, hiking up to the Subway, canyoneering Water Canyon, and then decided to drive to see the Antelope Canyon. From our first phone call getting information from Judy we felt this was the company for us. She instantly reminded us that coming from Utah, we would gain one hour because they are on Mountain Time. We were told to come 45 min. before our desired tour time and that the peak time to see the canyon is between 10 AM. – Noon for the spring. The cost would be $6 for the Navajo park entry and $40 for the 1-1/2 tour per adult. Sherry never rushed us and she made sure everyone got every picture they wanted. We were taken care of and 100% satisfied!
On our drive back to Zion we stopped for the most delicious dinner at the Rocking V Restaurant in Kanab! Wow! What a fantastic day!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Val G
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Its a great place to visit, but its also a business!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Never having visited Antelope Canyon, I wanted to see this natural wonder for myself. Unfortunately, the beams of light commonly seen in the upper canyon were not visible in January, as the sun is not high enough in the sky.

We made reservations for a full day tour as posted on the website in early December 2012. Carol Bigthumb, the owner/operator responded by email and confirmed our tour. Payment could be cash or credit card with a 3% surcharge. Some details were left off, so we clarified that we needed to bring our own lunch on the full day tour and would be given 30-40 minutes to eat. We arrived Jan 1st, 2013 for our tour and were told to meet at Hwy 89 Mile marker 302. It's easily marked along side the road.
I approached the lady taking payment and she said,..you have cash right? I told her that I did not, that I was told we could use a credit card, and that just the night prior to the tour I exchanged emails with Carol and there was no mention that credit cards were not accepted. She stated, "I told her a few days ago that the credit card machine was not working"..as she voiced her displeasure about Carol not informing the customers. I paid her $80 (what I had on me and promised to get the rest from the bank after the tour). After paying $80 I was told that the full day tour was no longer available due to the shorter days, so they offered me the 4 canyon tour. I missed seeing the lower Antelope Canyon. Carol could have told me this when I booked or the night prior,..but no mention was made.
Our tour guide "Brian" was a 55+ Navajo gentlemen, friendly, kind, funny, eccentric and just what we were hoping for. Because we were there in Jan and the temperatures were a chilli 24F, there were not too may tourists and we had our own guide for the day. We went to Sheephead Canyon, Upper Antelope Canyon, Rattlesnake Canyon and Owl Canyon. My favorite two were the Upper Antelope Canyon and Rattlesnake Canyon. Our tour guide being Navajo and very informative allowed us to understand a little about the Navajo culture. He also pointed out the good locations for taking pictures and allowed us the time to do so.
After our tour (3:15 pm) the lady at the payment/check in stand told us we needed to pay the remainder of the balance due. I advised her that I intended to goto town and get cash, but that there is a daily limit of $300 for withdrawals,..she informed us we needed to hurry and be back by 4pm.
I found her attitude to be very abrasive and rude. This is where the "business" comment comes in. Be aware that when visiting this place and you take a simple tour, especially during busy days,..you will get rushed though these canyons! see other reviews! Its a business.
If you're into photography like I am, I recommend paying a bit more, making a day of it which allows you more time in each canyon.
I wrote Carol and email that night voicing my displeasure about the payment processing issue, but received no response!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank SwissTravler09
Grizzly Flat, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of the Highlights of Our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had read about the canyon tours on the Internet and were terribly disappointed to learn that the tour companies in Page were all booked up. But then someone told us about this place, which saved the day. We drove out there, somewhat panicked, thinking we might not get to see the canyon. But they had room for us! This is a family-operated business and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Getting to the canyon was an adventure aboard a 4x4 truck with bench seats in the back. It was a fun, bouncy ride across an open expanse of sand. When we arrived, our guide gave her introduction in Navajo--turns out she speaks it fluently! The canyon itself is a natural wonder. Yes, it is crowded with tour groups making their way through. If you are a photographer wanting to take your time for the perfect photo, this tour would not be for you. We wanted a chance to see this amazing place and we got it, along with plenty of cool photos of the light playing off of the rock formations and we got an unexpected opportunity to hear Navajo being spoken.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lorna B

Been to Antelope Canyon Navajo Tours - Day Tours? Share your experiences!