“Amazing experience!”

Sentinel Rock Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore this exclusive Southwest area on Horseback! We offer the best, unique and private horseback rides tailored to your riding experience (beginner through advanced) with our friendly, experienced guides and gentle, fun, well trained (and beautiful) horses. 2Hr, 2.5 Hr, and half day options are available year round (full day rides - weather permitting) exploring the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument close to Lake Powell. Instruction is also provided at the ranch. We want everyone to have a great time and have the ride of their life!
Brooklyn, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was an A+++ experience from beginning to end. Sara was super nice and helpful when we called in advance to learn about her business, the rides, prices, etc. We opted for the late afternoon 2 hour/sunset ride in white canyon. When we arrived, Sara talked with us for a while first to get a feel of our riding experience (I had none and my gf has been riding off and on for a few years). She then paired us with horses accordingly and gave us some instruction in the ring before we left. I rode on Bandito and my gf on Kemba. Helmets are provided though not required if you choose to waive them. Her husband Mike then showed up and the 4 of us set off on an AMAZING, UNFORGETTABLE 2 hour ride through the beautiful white canyon. Mike and Sara are super nice and easy to talk to along the ride and the horses quickly became our new best friends. They also worked it out so that my gf could ride faster at certain points. At the end, we got to hang out with the horses (they do tricks for treats). They are quite lovable, like dogs. I was initially apprehensive about this trip, due to my lack of riding experience (and not wanting to hold my gf back) as well as the conditions I've seen in many horse/trail ride operations, but my concerns were definitely unnecessary. Sara and Mike clearly treat their horses sooooooo well, and they facilitated such a great experience - I couldn't stop talking about it and can't wait to go back! I would highly, highly recommend that you fit this into your trip to Page/Lake Powell, as it's an unforgettable experience!

Tip: Call ahead to book, both b/c it's a small operation, and also b/c they will tell you if it's going to be a super windy day, in which your experience wouldn't be as good, and you don't want to miss out! Also be aware of the weird time changes around the area!

2 Thank dnl21
Sara W, Manager at Sentinel Rock Horseback Adventures, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
So pleased you enjoyed your ride with us! We often get couples/families where there are different levels of experience and we try to ensure that everyone has a (safe and) memorable time. Guess its easy to see we love our horses ... Can see you fell in love with Bandito too! Would be great to see you again on another ride ...

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Fun 'Wild West' Horseriding Experience”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I haven't ridden a horse since we were kids so we were essentially beginners.

Sara and Mike ensured we felt comfortable and in control all the time and gave us some great tips. I never felt unsafe or scared and was more than happy just walking along on the horse taking in the scenery. You really do feel like you're out in the wild west!

Sara is very passionate about horses and ensuring they're trained in the right way. I felt happy supporting a business who aren't just into it for the money but to ensure the horses are treated well and with respect by those who ride them.

Highly recommend this as a fun half day activity while you stay in and around Page.

2 Thank Clea700
Thanks for your review. This area is beautiful and there is a lot of variety on our half day rides. Thank you for your kind words on our love/treatment of our horses. They are our partners and we would have no business without them. It is very nice to see that people notice these things.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“absoluteley fantastic!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The ride with Sentinel Rock Horseback Adventures was a fantastic experience I´ll never forget and I highly recommend it to everyone, both experienced riders but also beginners who do not want to go on this "nose to tail" rides. My boyfriend is an absolutely beginner, I have some experience but for both of us it was great! Sara and Mike are wonderful people, they want the best for their horses, you can fell and see that, and at the same time they want you to be comfortable with the horse you get. We got a proper introduction before heading out on the ride and were told lots of interesting things about the area and the horses while riding true the stunning landscape. I was impressed of the horses, Kimba is a beauty and very well trained, calm and fresh on the same time. Mike took some great pictures of us, thanks Mike, we are really grateful for that! It was absolutely fantastic and would love to come back on our next trip to the states!

Visited May 2013
Thank you for writing this review! We often have people with different levels of experience and take pride in matching the right horse and the ride to each of you. We are proud to have such awesome horses that are a pleasure to share. So pleased to hear that you both had a great time and hope to see you again too!!
new haven CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Horseback riding near Page, AZ”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My adult son and I had a great experience horseback riding with Sara and Mike. We're both novices. The horses (a mustang and a quarter horse) were gentle and the humans were patient and interesting. Before starting out on our 2 and a half hour ride, Sara gaven us each a brief riding lesson in the corral. Then both she and Mike accompanied us on a ride through the high desert near their ranch. Beautiful scenery. The highlight of our trip to the Page, AZ area!

3 Thank remyz
Thanks for taking the time to write here and great to hear that you enjoyed the ride!
Warwick, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic, tailor-made horse ride adventure”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We've just returned from an amazing trip through south western USA and one of the absolute highlights of the trip was our horseback ride with Sentinel Rock Horseback Adventures. Prior to our our trip, I asked Sara numerous questions about horseriding, in particular, whether it would be suitable for our 8 year old who (like her parents) had never had any experience of horseriding. Sara was extremely helpful, answered all my questions and was also able to accurately gauge my daughter's suitability for a horse ride. Once we arrived at their ranch we met their lovely horses. It was great to see such healthy, happy looking horses! Sara spent a great deal of time with all of us, especially my daughter, who went from being extremely nervous to feeling proud that she could ride her delightful mustang, Bandito, all by herself. She said that her horseback ride was her best experience in the USA and was absolutely thrilled and wants to go back ASAP!I The service provided by Sara and Mike was second to none and I would heartily recommend a horseback adventure with them to anyone, whether they are complete novices (like us) or very experienced. We felt that we were in safe hands and that we were being given the best service possible. I especially like that Sara was flexible and provided such a personalised experience, tailored exactly to our needs. Thank you Sara and Mike!!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LouisaE958
We cannot take an 8 yr old with no experience on our regular rides but we are happy to create a unique experience where possible. Here a young girl was very nervous about horse riding but very much wanted to do it so we took the time so she could become more confident and overcome her fear. It is very rewarding for me to see how this experience can be more than just horse riding for some children/adults. We could see her pride/smile as she rode her horse home! Awesome kid and we so appreciate the detailed review!