“a high quality guided tour”

Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$249.00*
and up
Yellow Rock Tour Grand Staircase
Ranked #17 of 43 Tours in Page
More attraction details
Owner description: Vermilion Cliffs is a US GOVT authorized outfitter running tours on the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument and the Paria Canyon Wilderness Area. We run day photography hiking and vehicle tours in Americas newest park. Call or email us for an unforgettable tour. We operate out of Page Az as well as Kanab Utah. 2014 we are proudly adding to our tour options several new locations! Grand Staircase-Escalante, Grand Canyon north rim photo tours, Coral Pink Sand Dunes. Look at the website for more options.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Original comment in french:
Nous avons pris un tour guidé 2 jours de suite, à White pockets puis à The Wave.
- Nous n'aurions pas pu accéder à White pockets avec notre voiture de location. Quand à la route vers le Wire Pass (départ de The Wave), ce jour là, un trou rempli d'eau barrait la route. Les touristes sans guide ou 4x4 ont du se garer avant le trou et ont fait 8 miles (13 km) de plus à pied sur la route sous la chaleur.
- Nous avons découvert le site de The Wave en dehors du sentier classique, avec des passages pittoresques aussi beaux que la partie principale du site. Nous ne nous serions pas éloignées ainsi sans guide car il faisait très chaud et il valait mieux ne pas se perdre ce jour là. Kyle nous a aidé à franchir certains obstacles dans les rochers: là encore nous ne nous serions pas engagées seules dans certains endroits escarpés.
- Kyle nous a donné des explications sur les lieux, nous a indiqué de bons emplacements pour faire des photos en s'adaptant toujours à notre rythme et à nos souhaits.
Non seulement, ces 2 tours guidés ont été instructifs et sécuritaires mais en plus particulièrement agréables grâce au professionnalisme et à la personnalité de Kyle qui est intéressant, charmant et plein d'humour.
Merci Kyle pour ces 2 merveilleuses journées dans ces 2 sites sublimes.

comment translated by me in english:
We took a guided tour for 2 consecutive days at White pockets and The Wave.
- We could not have access to White pockets with our rental car. And about the road to the Wire Pass (start of The Wave), that day, a hole filled with water blocked the path. Tourists without a guide or a 4WD had to park their car before the hole and had to make eight more miles (13 km) walking on the road in the heat.
- We discovered the site of The Wave outside the traditional path and we walked in quaint places as beautiful as the main part of the site. We would not go so far from the main trail without a guide because it was very hot and it was better not to get lost on that day. Kyle helped us overcome some obstacles in the rocks and, again, we would not engaged alone in some steep places.
- Kyle gave us commentaries of the area and told us good places to take pictures. He always adjusted to our pace and our wishes.
Not only these two guided tours were instructive and safe but, particularly pleasant too thanks to the professionalism and personality of Kyle who is an interesting, charming and humorous person.
Thank you, Kyle, for these two wonderful days in these two sublime sites.

1  Thank Laurence_C_Savoie
kyle w, General Manager at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for coming along for a few days with us. Wish my french was a little better but at least the scenery was great!

There are newer reviews for Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours

Reviewed July 23, 2013

the visit to the whote pocket hills with Kyle Waker has been a very good experience. Kyle is an eccelent guide and a pleasant company. We took hundreds of fotos. Both my husband and I are affectionate photographers. The place is amasing and we really had a good time
Patricia from Switzerland

1  Thank patriciabadinotti
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Ureshī anata wa sutekina jikan o sugoshimashita. Sore wa anata to tsuitachi o sugosu tame ni kōeideshita

Kyle Walker

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Over a year ago I added the Vermillion Cliffs area to my bucket list of hikes based on internet photos of the Wave and Antelope Canyon. I am so glad we found Kyle at Circle Tours. Buckskin gulch was beautiful and we were the only hikers there - verses the crowds at more popular attractions. Kyle's 1st priority was safety. He included lunch and drinks and carried them for us, and encouraged us to intake adequately for heat and exertion. He also started the hike early so that it was just getting hot when we finished. It was pleasant cool temps in the slot canyon (~70F). Being fairly strong hikers, he was able to take us in the "middle route" which he described as all icing, with little cake...we got straight into the canyon, and had ample time to wander around and shoot photos like crazy! He was knowledgeable about the area and carried on engaging conversation about other things as well (including quite a few fun travel stories!) We definitely enjoyed our hike and highly recommend Kyle!

2  Thank Stefanie F

Glad you had a nice time. Thanks for coming

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I hiked both of these locations this summer with Kyle. We hike a lot and this experience rates as our top trek of all time in 30 years of hiking. No way we could have accomplished this hike on our own because of the remoteness. We learned a lot from Kyle - about the terrain, the wildlife, geology, photography and about hiking. And I, quite frankly, thought I knew a lot. He was down to earth, accommodating and paid attention to many little things that impressed my wife and daughter. We felt safe because he spent time understanding our fitness levels and hiking experience. And the scenery was incredible. Normally I might like 4 or 5 photos I take on a hike; on this trip, I've got 20-30. Incredible experience! JimT

1  Thank Jim T
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Great time, you guys are very fit and a pleasure to hike with. Thanks again for everything.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband, 15 year old son and I booked with Kyle Walker of Circle Tours before we left Maryland, about a month before our vacation. Kyle was excellent to work with over the phone and even better when we met him in person. He picked us up from our hotel in Page, AZ, on time and we set off for the two hour trip in a 4 wheel drive. Kyle was very knowledgable about the roads and we felt very comfortable with him. We arrived at White Pockets on time and it was beautiful. Kyle has arranged to have Subway sandwiches for us and so he assembled those for us up on the beautiful rocks. We had another tourist with us as well who was a vegetarian and Kyle accommodated him very well.
I am a professional photographer and was able to get some beautiful images of White Pockets. Unfortunately I was taken suddenly very ill and passed out - I had had a headache the day before and had a stomach upset as well but I had no idea this was going to happen. Kyle was amazingly professional and immediately took control. I was really ill and frightened, especially since we were 2 hours away from civilization. He went and gathered my son and the other tourist and the he and my husband carefully got me down the long hill into the truck. I went to the Emergency Room where I had to have IV's.
Kyle followed through with texts and emails to make sure I was OK. He refunded the other tourist's tour fee since his photo time had been cut short.
To sum up, Kyle was a professional in every respect and I highly recommend his tours in AZ and UT.

3  Thank Chris S
kyle w, Manager at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing Circle Tours, glad you had a nice time.

Been to Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours? Share your experiences!