“White Pockets”

and up
Yellow Rock Tour Grand Staircase
Ranked #17 of 43 Tours in Page
More attraction details
Owner description: Vermilion Cliffs is a US GOVT authorized outfitter running tours on the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument and the Paria Canyon Wilderness Area. We run day photography hiking and vehicle tours in Americas newest park. Call or email us for an unforgettable tour. We operate out of Page Az as well as Kanab Utah. 2014 we are proudly adding to our tour options several new locations! Grand Staircase-Escalante, Grand Canyon north rim photo tours, Coral Pink Sand Dunes. Look at the website for more options.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband, 15 year old son and I booked with Kyle Walker of Circle Tours before we left Maryland, about a month before our vacation. Kyle was excellent to work with over the phone and even better when we met him in person. He picked us up from our hotel in Page, AZ, on time and we set off for the two hour trip in a 4 wheel drive. Kyle was very knowledgable about the roads and we felt very comfortable with him. We arrived at White Pockets on time and it was beautiful. Kyle has arranged to have Subway sandwiches for us and so he assembled those for us up on the beautiful rocks. We had another tourist with us as well who was a vegetarian and Kyle accommodated him very well.
I am a professional photographer and was able to get some beautiful images of White Pockets. Unfortunately I was taken suddenly very ill and passed out - I had had a headache the day before and had a stomach upset as well but I had no idea this was going to happen. Kyle was amazingly professional and immediately took control. I was really ill and frightened, especially since we were 2 hours away from civilization. He went and gathered my son and the other tourist and the he and my husband carefully got me down the long hill into the truck. I went to the Emergency Room where I had to have IV's.
Kyle followed through with texts and emails to make sure I was OK. He refunded the other tourist's tour fee since his photo time had been cut short.
To sum up, Kyle was a professional in every respect and I highly recommend his tours in AZ and UT.

3  Thank Chris S
kyle w, Manager at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing Circle Tours, glad you had a nice time.

There are newer reviews for Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We contacted Kyle Walker at Circle Tours in February to inquire about tour options for a trip planned for May. Kyle was very helpful as we discussed options over the phone. Since we were most interested in a photo tour, he suggested White Pocket as an ideal location. He was spot on! Kyle knew the area extremely well and was very helpful in pointing out the best locations and compositions, while still giving us plenty of flexibility to do our own thing. We never felt pressured or rushed. He even provided water and sandwiches! We would highly recommend Circle Tours for a truly memorable Vermilion Cliffs adventure.

kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Glad you had so much fun. I trust you have some great images from our trip.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Kyle did a FANTASTIC job in providing three tours of very diverse areas of the Vermillion Cliffs. His tours were spot-on in terms of seeing exactly what we wanted to see, and his flexibility in adapting his tours was unparalleled. He is very knowledgeable about all the little trails and shortcuts along the way, and we were particularly impressed with his ability to navigate some of the backroads that were pure sand… a lesser driver could have easily gotten stuck or lost. He really makes the tours and hikes very interesting. I now consider Kyle a friend, a cannot wait to return and visit some new spots with him! 6 stars out of 5!!!

kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Can't wait to show you some new and great shooting locations in Grand Staircase in 2014. Thanks for the three days.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Truly an amazing trip. Our guide Laura was focused on our getting the most from the hike. It was like a 300 level course in Geology, Paleontology, Southwest History and the Flaura and Fauna of the area. We will be back and we know who we will call.

kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for coming along on the trip. We have so many other destinations available in the Vermilion Cliffs for you to choose from. Have a look at our webpage for some great photos.

Kyle Walker

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I wanted to do something active while in the Lake Powell area other than the rainbow bridge boat tour we were doing the next day. Thanks goodness we were able to do this- the boat day pales by comparison! We had an amazing day with our guide Lura to Buckskin Gulch. She knows so much about the area (and gave us sweet travel ideas/ tips for the rest of our trip too!) We loved our hike, and our climb (I was a little nervous for the rope bit but Lura was awesome and led me through it!). It was one of (if not the) best thing we did on our trip to Az/ Utah/ the national parks. We went on other great hikes throughout our trip (eg. Angel's Landing at Zion)...but nothing was like the landscape we saw and how great it is that there was NO ONE else there! My parents are planning a trip to the area in the next couple years and I will definitelty be telling them to book something! Thanks for the great day!

2  Thank Amy S
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. This is a truly special place and not surprised you were the only ones out there. Thanks again and glad you had such a great experience.

Been to Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours? Share your experiences!