“"White pockets - amazing tour"”

Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$249.00*
and up
Yellow Rock Tour Grand Staircase
Ranked #17 of 44 Tours in Page
More attraction details
Owner description: Vermilion Cliffs is a US GOVT authorized outfitter running tours on the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument and the Paria Canyon Wilderness Area. We run day photography hiking and vehicle tours in Americas newest park. Call or email us for an unforgettable tour. We operate out of Page Az as well as Kanab Utah. 2014 we are proudly adding to our tour options several new locations! Grand Staircase-Escalante, Grand Canyon north rim photo tours, Coral Pink Sand Dunes. Look at the website for more options.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

On Friday, Oct. 12, we had a just awesome tour to White Pockets. Kyle Walker, from Circle Tours, picked us up by the hotel at 1 pm. It was a pretty long drive to White Pockets, but the drive itself was amazing. We drove through a wonderful landscape and passed the Colorado River. You are totally depended on a guide with a strong vehicle to do this tour. When we arrived at White Pockets, Kyle provided good lunch and soft drinks before we started to explore. And what an area!! We have never seen anything like this, and it was interesting and spectacular at the same time. We were all by ourselves, - no other tourists. With Kyle's experience we were able to see and explore so much, and he also showed us where to shoot magnificant pics. The day was really wonderful and memorable to the whole family. Kyle is indeed a good guide, with great humor and knowledge. When some of us fell asleep in the rear seat on our way back, mission was completed! We highly recommend this tour with Circle Tours, Page. Thank you, Kyle. We had a lot of fun:-). And - welcome to Norway, anytime.

The Stavang family
Oslo
Norway

2  Thank TrineEllekjer
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Trine, what an adventure! The weather was challenging but we were able to accomplish our goal and get some great photos. It was a challenge getting all your girls to stay together for photos! Hope you enjoyed looking at them on fb.

There are newer reviews for Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours

Reviewed September 11, 2012

What a wonderful day. AJ of Circle Tours was a super guide, and most gracious. Good stories, and the obvious knowledge of somebody that has spent a lifetime in the area. Incredible area which is worth more that a days exploring. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Rick C
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Glad you enjoyed our tour. It is a great destination

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was staying in Page for the holidays and had to drive 2 hours (round trip) to Kanab to join the lottery for one of the 10 permits to the Wave... for nothing: we were over 50 people waiting in the room that day.

Thank God, I called up Kyle who suggested to guide my wife and I in the lower canyon of Coyote Butte, which was FA-BU-LOUS !!! we we all alone that day, discovering the wonders of that still less visited place.

I highly recommend Kyle Walker who is a very knowledgeable and engaging person.
When in the Lake Powell region, make sure you get in touch with him in order to discover the wonders of this area !

Jean-Guy de Gabriac (Brussels, Belgium)

6  Thank Jean-Guy D
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Jean, merci boucoup. We hope our suggestion met or exceeded your expectations for a great tour in our area. We do feel there is far too much fanfare about the wave when there are several destinations on Vermilion Cliffs that are equal to or even better than the most famous place. The crowds are always bigger at the wave and too many times the rest of the monument is overlooked. Thank you for hiring us to take you out for a very special day.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Kyle Walker, the guide from Circle Tours was very knowledgeable about the area. He suggested the tour times to get the best light. He stopped when I saw something interesting, and was very friendly. The ride to the site was quite long and we did not have any awkward silences. Good company as well as a good guide makes the experience very enjoyable. I read about White Pocket in National Geographic April 2012. I had a very specific set of views I wanted to get from the place, Kyle was able to take me where I wanted to go.

1  Thank Jon R
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Glad you had fun, looks like you have some great images from the trip. Hope you left with some great memories

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We just returned from spending several days in Page Arizona.
If you are among the lucky ones to obtain a permit for The Wave North Coyote Butte
you should have a licensed approved guide...We used Kyle Walker 928-691-0166
Circle Tours for our tour of South Coyote Buttes (since on this trip we did not get one of the ten walk in lottery permits.Stay till 10AM in Kanab and get the South permit. Kyle & AJ took us to Paw Hole in South Coyote Buttes for an afternoon/sunset photo tour, it was great.
The next day we again went out with Kyle, this time to White Pockets Vermilion Cliffs National Monument.(No permits needed.No lottery.No spending hours in Kanab at the BLM office.) It was the most amazing place. Like being on an alien landscape.I have been photographing for 30+ years all over the world (and many previous reviews on Tripadvisor). After seeing White Pockets I would rate it as one of the best photo experiences I have ever had..you have the entire place to yourself..since a guide and a 4 wheeled high clearance vehicle is needed. Bring extra batteries and memory cards..you will need them. Kyle even carried my backup camera and tripod. (I can not get my wife to do that)
Kyle Walker has explored this entire area and therefore knows when to get you to the best spots for the light.
You will stay out till after sunset and come back at night (10PM). No issue since Kyle goes out there several times a week and knows the road and has a well equipped vehicle.
We had an amazing two days of touring with Kyle Walker & AJ (Circle Tours Page Arizona)
928-691-0166 and highly recommend them.
And we got the most amazing photos...thanks to Kyle & AJ.

5  Thank CalifTravelBuddy
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for the response, I hope you have some great images from your tour. I am enjoying the 7D more each day at White Pocket and Coyote buttes.

Been to Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours? Share your experiences!