“Circle Tours, Vermillion Cliffs White Pocket Photo Tour”

Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$249.00*
and up
Yellow Rock Tour Grand Staircase
Ranked #13 of 42 Tours in Page
More attraction details
Owner description: Vermilion Cliffs is a US GOVT authorized outfitter running tours on the Vermilion Cliffs National Monument and the Paria Canyon Wilderness Area. We run day photography hiking and vehicle tours in Americas newest park. Call or email us for an unforgettable tour. We operate out of Page Az as well as Kanab Utah. 2014 we are proudly adding to our tour options several new locations! Grand Staircase-Escalante, Grand Canyon north rim photo tours, Coral Pink Sand Dunes. Look at the website for more options.
Dublin, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Circle Tours, Vermillion Cliffs White Pocket Photo Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Kyle Walker, the guide from Circle Tours was very knowledgeable about the area. He suggested the tour times to get the best light. He stopped when I saw something interesting, and was very friendly. The ride to the site was quite long and we did not have any awkward silences. Good company as well as a good guide makes the experience very enjoyable. I read about White Pocket in National Geographic April 2012. I had a very specific set of views I wanted to get from the place, Kyle was able to take me where I wanted to go.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jon R
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Glad you had fun, looks like you have some great images from the trip. Hope you left with some great memories

calif
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 282 helpful votes
“Circle Tours: Had Two Amazing Day Trips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We just returned from spending several days in Page Arizona.
If you are among the lucky ones to obtain a permit for The Wave North Coyote Butte
you should have a licensed approved guide...We used Kyle Walker 928-691-0166
Circle Tours for our tour of South Coyote Buttes (since on this trip we did not get one of the ten walk in lottery permits.Stay till 10AM in Kanab and get the South permit. Kyle & AJ took us to Paw Hole in South Coyote Buttes for an afternoon/sunset photo tour, it was great.
The next day we again went out with Kyle, this time to White Pockets Vermilion Cliffs National Monument.(No permits needed.No lottery.No spending hours in Kanab at the BLM office.) It was the most amazing place. Like being on an alien landscape.I have been photographing for 30+ years all over the world (and many previous reviews on Tripadvisor). After seeing White Pockets I would rate it as one of the best photo experiences I have ever had..you have the entire place to yourself..since a guide and a 4 wheeled high clearance vehicle is needed. Bring extra batteries and memory cards..you will need them. Kyle even carried my backup camera and tripod. (I can not get my wife to do that)
Kyle Walker has explored this entire area and therefore knows when to get you to the best spots for the light.
You will stay out till after sunset and come back at night (10PM). No issue since Kyle goes out there several times a week and knows the road and has a well equipped vehicle.
We had an amazing two days of touring with Kyle Walker & AJ (Circle Tours Page Arizona)
928-691-0166 and highly recommend them.
And we got the most amazing photos...thanks to Kyle & AJ.

Visited May 2012
5 Thank CalifTravelBuddy
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for the response, I hope you have some great images from your tour. I am enjoying the 7D more each day at White Pocket and Coyote buttes.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“White Pocket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

“Circle Tours, making full use of their years of experience in back road travel, guided us into the magical world of White Pocket. An area filled with red, yellow and white rock arranged as if it was swirled pudding thousands of years ago.

Kyle took special care to see that my wife was able to safely discover and photograph the beauty of all the key locations. His effort and experience made the trip memorable.”

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Gregory C
kyle w, Owner at Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thanks and we had a great trip with you. Excellent photo day, it was enjoyable for us to be with enthusiasts like yourselves.

Been to Vermilion Cliffs Day Tours? Share your experiences!