“Awesome sights!”

68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Awesome sights!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We took the tour of Lower Antelope Canyon with Ken's Guided Tour. The price was a bit expensive, but the sights were like nothing I have ever seen before. I do not have a fancy camera, but I was able to take some really nice photos. It was fun maneuvering between the walls of rock. The ladders were not too steep. The shadows from the sun above us made the colors of the walls really pop. The only thing that might have made the tour better would be to give us some of the history of this slotted canyon (when and how it was discovered). Our tour guide was nice and had a sense of humor. I'm so glad we visited this place!

1 Thank Viajera172705

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Clarklake, Michigan
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“An amazing little gem for a great price!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had my heart set on Upper Antelope Canyon for months before going on this trip, but the more research I did the more I read about rude crowds and expensive prices. I can't speak to how the tours of the Upper Canyon actually run, but I can tell you that I absolutely loved the Lower Canyon tour with our guide Buddy. In an 11 day, 4 state road trip this is one of my favorite memories. My husband and I showed up at 9:30, just in time to take the first tour of the day. It was olt the two of us and a group of three Japanese fellows. That's it. In this vast canyon there was no one else. Our guide gave us lots of good facts throughout the tour. I have a tripod and a DSLR and he was great about showing me the best angles and shots to get. He happily took my husband's and my picture together several time throughout the canyon and pointed out lots of cool features in the slot canyon itself.

Not only is the canyon absolutely beautiful and other-worldly but it felt like such an adventure, like we were blazing a new trail. The stairs are a trip to climb up and down and some of the passages were a blast to navigate. It's not just a flat straight walk. I'm a 135 pound woman and got through fine. Our guide told us he had a 350 pound man go through the entire thing as well, so apparent.y don't let size stop you. Actually, don't let anything stop you. This really was fantastically awesome and a memory in a ton of travel memories that really stands out.

Visited March 2013
5 Thank mopogra
Las Vegas, Nevada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bang For Your Buck”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you don't want to see the upper antelope canyon due to booking in advance and being overcrowded and price, than this is the canyon tour to see. $26 you beat the crowds have more time in the canyon and all you have to do is show up between the time frames they got for winter and summer schedules. There are tight squeezes and lots of stairs so think about that for the physical aspects of the tour. I do however recommend doing both canyons since your in page Arizona anyway.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank murillo619
Surrey
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Arrived at the canyon first thing in morning (08.30am ish) early November as emailed Kens tours to work out the best time of day to get some great photos. The light is good at this time as not too many shadows and my husband was able to get some incredible photos. The guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. We did the photo tour group and our group was quite small so had more of a personal touch from the guide. You can just drive directly there on the day and join a guided tour so no need to prebook. Parts of the canyon are quite narrow but not claustrophobic at all, and there are a few steep ladders so you do have to be fairly careful on those.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank TheGupsters
Zurich, Switzerland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fabulous spot”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went there because we heard the upper Canyon is too crowded, but i can't be the judge of that. Our tourguide was friendly and he knew all the good photospots in the Canyon.

Well the price did hurt a little bit because 26$ is pretty expensive in my opinion, but as soon as we entered the canyon i realized it was worth the Money.

WARNING: If you're scared of heights or a claustrophobic person, don't go there because the entrance alone was pretty scary. Also be sure to visit a restroom before you go down there, the Toilets are pretty.... crappy

Visited December 2012