“Great Place for a big group!”

Big John's Texas BBQ
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Big John's Texas BBQ is a family owned barbeque joint who brings a BIG taste of Texas to Arizona. We slow smoke our meats on wood for hours... You DO NOT need a reservation, just come on down! Our restaurant is closed each winter for 2 months.
Reviewed November 1, 2015 via mobile

Our group of 8 walked in following a tour of stunning Antelope Canyon. We ordered the chicken, brisket and many of the sides. All of the meats were tender and perfectly smoky, the sauce had a savory vinegar kick to it and the sweet tea was authentically delicious. We finished off with the melt in your mouth apple cobbler topped with cinnamon brown sugar ice cream. Don't miss it! Kathy couldn't have been friendly or given better recommendations. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting this beautiful place!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,684)

Reviewed November 1, 2015

What a fun evening. There were four of us and we ordered a full rack of ribs and one lb of pulled pork. The ribs fell off the bones and the pork was so moist. The coleslaw was fresh and excellent, and the beans were spicy and a perfect side. Loved the touch of the peanuts at each table.

Reviewed October 31, 2015

Great food. Great prices. Great customer service. I want to thank Pam, our waitress. She has many names but I like the "Yellow Rose from Texas." It suits her. She was always friendly and smiling. She made us feel at home at Big John's Texas BBQ.

Pam recommended the baby back ribs which my bf ordered. I had the sampler platter. Pam was right, the ribs were awesome! We both loved the ribs! My sampler platter had everything. I liked the following in order: Louisiana sausage, ribs, brisket and pulled pork. All the meats were tender and fell of the bone, like the ribs. If I lived there, I would return at least once a week to get the ribs and sausage and brisket. ;)) They have a large smoker outside and it starts in the morning. You can either eat outside or inside. Pam suggested to return later for the live band in the evening. It would have been fun but we opted out because we already had a long day sightseeing.

We ordered the apple cobbler for dessert and I initially ordered it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. But Pam recommended the cinnamon ice-cream. She was right. The combination was perfect. (Except, the cobbler was a bit doughy towards the bottom). For drinks, we ordered the root beer float. Everything tasted really good, though! Oh, did I tell you about the barbecue sauce!! It was yummy!!!!!!! ;)) Slather it on everything. So good!!! Thanks Pam for a your recommendations, friendliness, smile and laughter. We had a wonderful time.

Reviewed October 31, 2015

Peanuts in the shell greet you as you sit down for a meal. Throw the shells on the "floor" if you are eating on the covered outdoor patio. According to my group of 4, the pulled chicken and pulled brisket sandwiches are mouth watering, and the cole slaw was crunchy and savory. If you can, save room for home-made peach cobbler, which they top with ice cream (see if they have the cinnamon ice cream--it is great on the peach cobbler). Then go for a long hike to work off the calories.

Reviewed October 31, 2015 via mobile

A huge smoking BBQ out on the street enticing passers by, a stage with four guys playing good ol' blue grass, great beer and the there's the food.

The smell is incredible and the portions are great. I had the pound of pulled chicken with their homemade BBQ sauce and it was fantastic. Really tasty and adding the slaw to pour over the chicken was wondrous.

Anyone who stops in Page should check this place out. The servers totally add to the experience too, they aren't just there to serve they take the time to make people feel happy and at home.

Been to Big John's Texas BBQ? Share your experiences!