“Good ole fashioned BBQ!”

Big John's Texas BBQ
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Big John's Texas BBQ is a family owned barbeque joint who brings a BIG taste of Texas to Arizona. We slow smoke our meats on wood for hours... You DO NOT need a reservation, just come on down!
Overland Park, Kansas
“Good ole fashioned BBQ!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My family ate dinner here after a river raft ride down the Colorado River. We chose this place because it was across the street from our hotel and because it smelled So Good! We ate outside on picnic benches to enjoy the breeze and sunset.
Service was quick and attentive... Food was mighty tasty!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
“The live country music was nice”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I went there because it was across the street of the hotel, but I will not go back.
There is nothing positive I can say about the food, the quality and the atmosphere.
The live country music was nice.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Arno B
“If you like”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Smoked food (pork, chicken, beef) and have no issues with being served on plastic dish, using plastic cutler etc. this is the place to go. The food is really tasty and good, would be nicer if they chose not throw away dishes. Diminishes the feeling of eating out.

Visited July 2014
angie c, Owner at Big John's Texas BBQ, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
In America, most BBQ places you will go to will serve their BBQ on some kind of paper, it is a tradition and an authentic part of the BBQ experience. In most Texas BBQ places, you will receive your BBQ on butcher paper only.
We hope our customers are able to enjoy the experience of a "real BBQ joint" and our biggest goal is to make sure our customers, from all over the world, enjoy our slow smoked BBQ.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Enticing smell from outdoor grill”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were drawn in by the smell as we drove by. Claims to be Texas BBQ. Inside is decorated with lots of cute Texas items. Frozen lemonade was refreshing! Country music track was fun. Service was quick. They were preparing for live entertainment on outdoor patio, but we were tired and left before it started. BBQ comes without sauce...you add from large squeeze bottle. Everyone was pleased with their food.

• Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“I've had real Texas BBQ in Texas, and this is the real deal!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I love smoked BBQ. In fact, after many business trips into Texas, I even learned how to slow smoke my own! So you can imagine our surprise when my wife and I bit into the ribs and brisket here at Big John's. This is Arizona, but it sure tastes like Texas! We even ordered more to take back to Zion and have in our hotel room later. Everything on our platter was killer. The ribs were meaty and not fatty. Slow smoked, not oven rushed. The chopped brisket made me feel like I was back in Denton, TX. The slaw was just right; not watery nor overly mayo'd. Our server was a delight; even though she was a local I would have bet money she grew up down south. And the ONLY thing you should consider ordering to drink in their house sweet tea! The atmosphere is plain tables with paper towel dispensers. While you wait, you get to tear into a full bucket of real peanuts! Prices are very affordable. I believe this place was also featured on the Food Network, as I recall. If it wasn't, it should have been! You can see pix of the grand canyon anywhere, but you won't find better BBQ than this on our side of the continent.

• Visited June 2014