“24 Dec 2013 Rattlesnake & Upper Antelope Canyons Photo Tour”

Navajo Antelope Canyon Photo Tours
Ranked #20 of 42 Tours in Page
Santa Maria, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“24 Dec 2013 Rattlesnake & Upper Antelope Canyons Photo Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We got up early that morning for an 8:30 tour with Navajo Antelope Canyon Photo Tours of Upper Antelope and Rattlesnake Canyons. Lionel met us promptly at 8:30 and explained he was waiting on another couple and the four of us would start the tour with his guide Nate. The other couple never showed so we had a private tour of Rattlesnake Canyon with no one to distract us in setting up the cameras or describing the different locations. It was like a tour and camera class all rolled into one event. Nate helped me set up the camera specifically for the best settings in the canyon. I had two cameras one with a 18-140 zoom and one 50mm 1.4 so low light situations could be handled well. The first canyon was a blast with a little climbing and a nice adventure. From there we moved on to Upper Antelope Canyon and even though it was off season there were multiple tour companies herding tourists through the canyon like cattle. Many of the tourists wandered about not even staying with their tour guide. Nate worked very well with the situation and showed us not only where to stand, but if there was a setting change he described what needed to be changed. When no one was around for a moment or two let us know the best shot for the moment of quietness. We had a great time in both canyons, but sure glad we did not book one of the cattle tours that rushed people through in about 20 minutes. The slot canyons were beautiful with the curves and lighting that was beautiful even though it was not the time of year that the light goes directly into the top of the canyon. We had about three and a half hours to tour the two canyons and travel to and from the parking area. It was a blast and Nate made the entire tour a photo experience. After the tour was completed we stopped for a lunch we had packed in the parking lot and discussed our next adventure for the day.

Visited December 2013
7 Thank JohnandDeb2

Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the tour ! What a lovely tour company”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

With a young baby I had to do the quick tour (this doesn't allow tripods). Our guide was excellent, she knew where you had to stand to take photos so we didn't have to work it out. My husband took the photographic tour and went to Rattlesnake canyon which he enjoyed.
The tour group size is small even though they have many people signing up. My group size was 7 which I believe is just right. Other tours had more people and looked like they were rushed thru the canyon.
If you are interested in taking some great photos, I would suggest the longer tours of more than 3 hrs, that way you can take your time.
Don't expect a quiet tour in Antelope Canyon, it is crowded and popular.

Lady with a baby

Visited November 2013
2 Thank minnie_globetrotter
Hamburg, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Most amazing tour ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you go to Page and you are willing to do the Antelope Canyon Tour - take this one. I had an awesome day. Take Tour 4 with all 4 canyons - every Canyon is the money worth it.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sven T
Huntington Beach, California
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Photographer's Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband took the all day photo tour (5 canyons??) and loved it! Be warned, he says, that it took a little bit of hiking and climbing. We were there when the national parks were shut down, so it seemed busy, but he ended up on a tour with only himself and a guide (he can't remember the guide's name). Every canyon was beyond photogenic, the guide was helpful, my husband had a great experience putting to use a lot of fancy camera gear without being rushed by tourists like you find in the inexpensive Antelope Slot Canyon tours. Antelope Slot Canyon is also gorgeous, but so crowded that it's great to see but not great to photograph. All in all, my husband says the Navajo Antelope Canyon Photo Tour was a great experience.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank kellydx
Brisbane, Australia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“It was OK but it is far too crowded.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Antelope Canyon Photo tours.

I decided to do this tour due to the shutdown of the parks in the US. It was a $106 tour for 3 hours. Our tour guide was Rob. We visited Rattlesnake Canyon first. There was only one other group and the 6 of us. It was great. For the first 20 minutes Rob disappeared. He was then helpful with advice regarding photo settings etc.

We went to Antelope Canyon chasing the famous light. I did not get to see it as it was too crowded and people were not willing to move around. I did not get too see the light. According to Rob the numbers are now restricted. I still think there were too many people in the canyon. I would rather have gone and done Monument Valley again. It was an average experience.

Go to Monument Valley. it is worth it.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank C W

Been to Navajo Antelope Canyon Photo Tours? Share your experiences!