“Small, Casual but Great Pulled Pork”
Review of DC's Backyard BBQ - CLOSED

DC's Backyard BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is basically a hole in the wall; very limited parking and probalby most of their business is takeout. But they have small sitdown area (picnic style) with a tv for sports fans. We both got pulled pork sandwiches with hushpuppies (deep fried savory corn bread). Both were really delicious. Loved everything about this place. Super reasonable. Wish we had a place like this in our home town. We came here after dark, so probably 9pm and they were still serving, no problem.

There are newer reviews for DC's Backyard BBQ

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

This is a very small place with 5 tables. The waitress says that they are moving to the old sonic in about a month once construction is complete. The food was fantastic! We had pulled pork and ribs. Both were really tender and the sauce was perfect. We are from Texas and bbq is king there. These guys have it right.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was hoping for some really good bbq. It was ok, but not as great as what I expected from all of the reviews. The people are really friendly. There were flies in the restaurant, which is a real turn off for me. Of course, it was middle of August...

1  Thank Sjmbring
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a small restaurant that is easy to miss, but the food was amazing. The restaurant is small, and upon entering, you at first may thing it is a fast food style place. The menu is on a blackboard, and you order at the counter. You then take a seat on a picnic like table.

The food is brought to your table. My soda glass was kept full. The ribs were fantastic, meaty, not fatty, and the meat fell off the bone. There were other choices, including burgers, pulled pork, and more.

My wife and I split a full rack of ribs. It cost about $22. The resturant owner served us, and split the ribs on separate plates, even gave an extra corn muffin.

If you are looking for a fancy restaurant with an extensive menu this may not be the place for you. But if you want great food at a reasonable price from a small, family run restaurant, you will have a great dinner. If I was in Page for more nights, I would have eaten here each night.

I should note that the sign on the restaurant is poor, and we drove right by it. It is across the street from a shopping center. The owner told me he will be moving to a larger place in a few months.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and i went looking for a good BBQ place to eat in Page,Arizona but found a excellent place to eat. The restaurant was a Mom and Pop place,small and very clean.The service was excellent and friendly.The food was much more than we expected and very well cooked.We wanted to hang around Page till dinner,but had to leave.We both agree that it was well worth the trip from the Grand Canyon and will come back for another fine lunch/dinner.