“Ok, but nothing special”
Review of DC's Backyard BBQ - CLOSED

DC's Backyard BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Ok, but nothing special”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was hoping for some really good bbq. It was ok, but not as great as what I expected from all of the reviews. The people are really friendly. There were flies in the restaurant, which is a real turn off for me. Of course, it was middle of August...

1 Thank Sjmbring

Bellmore, Long Island
“Some of the best ribs I ever had”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a small restaurant that is easy to miss, but the food was amazing. The restaurant is small, and upon entering, you at first may thing it is a fast food style place. The menu is on a blackboard, and you order at the counter. You then take a seat on a picnic like table.

The food is brought to your table. My soda glass was kept full. The ribs were fantastic, meaty, not fatty, and the meat fell off the bone. There were other choices, including burgers, pulled pork, and more.

My wife and I split a full rack of ribs. It cost about $22. The resturant owner served us, and split the ribs on separate plates, even gave an extra corn muffin.

If you are looking for a fancy restaurant with an extensive menu this may not be the place for you. But if you want great food at a reasonable price from a small, family run restaurant, you will have a great dinner. If I was in Page for more nights, I would have eaten here each night.

I should note that the sign on the restaurant is poor, and we drove right by it. It is across the street from a shopping center. The owner told me he will be moving to a larger place in a few months.

Visited August 2012
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and food.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and i went looking for a good BBQ place to eat in Page,Arizona but found a excellent place to eat. The restaurant was a Mom and Pop place,small and very clean.The service was excellent and friendly.The food was much more than we expected and very well cooked.We wanted to hang around Page till dinner,but had to leave.We both agree that it was well worth the trip from the Grand Canyon and will come back for another fine lunch/dinner.

Danville, Ca
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

One of the best BBQs we've had and my brother is a BBQ hound. Found them through YELP on our trip to Page. We were a party of 16 that invaded this place. They put up more tables for us and they were very accommodating. We probably overtaxed the cook and may have delayed the lunches for other customers that came on after us. We had just about everything on the menu. Their double cheeseburgers were so huge and delicious. The ribs were done just right. The sweet potato fries were also excellent. Great food, great service and excellent prices!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good went twice in one week.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

For small town Page this is the best Bbq. Had a large group and were accommodated outside nicely. Had the ribs, pulled pork and brisket and was satisfied. Best thing was their burgers though. Sweet Potatoe fries dip in their "burger sauce" was delicious. Owner was fantastic. Will be back next year.