“Best value in Page”
Review of Page Boy Motel

Page Boy Motel
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Page
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Yes, it's older. No, it ain't a Hilton. It's one of the least expensive hotels in Page, and it is perfect for the weary traveler or the passer-though. We stayed for two nights. It was quiet, beds were comfortable, and it was within walking distance to restaurants and tours.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rstackon

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was kind of skeptish when I booked this motel for our group of eleven. There weren't that much choice around in Page, since many other hotels in Page charge so much more. Page Boy turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Rooms are of a reasonable size, clean. They keep the pool area nicely and the breakfast is much better than I have expected. I got the feeling that they do make an effort to keep the motel pleasant. The manager is very kind and helpful. This is really one of the more reasonable place in Page for sure. The location is great, right on the main street, with easy access to many restaurants and supermarket. I would definitely recommend this motel and would come back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank SiuMui
Reviewed November 19, 2013

After 3 stays at the Motel 6 in Page during our various vacations over the years, this year me and my wife decided to make a reservation at another motel located in Page. The simple reason - Motel 6 Page has changed into a dump and left us unsatisfied after our last stay.

So - after searching the internet I came across the Page Boy Motel's homepage among others. After looking at their website I was rather impressed about what I saw and I decided to give it a try.
Made our reservation for 3 nights in advance and we arrived on 1st of Oct. (btw - we were lucky, because before the government shutdown happened, we previously had visited all the National Parks we wanted).
From the outside the Page Boy Motel has an "old-style"-appearance, which we liked and it has a small planted clean garden space with a pool, two bar-b-q-grills next to chairs and tables and a playground for children. So our first impression was rather good.
The check-in lasted a little bit longer (about 20 minutes) because the girl in the lobby did not know exactly how to handle traveler-cheques, but we didn't mind, because she was very friendly and tried to solve the problem as good and fast as she can.
Finally we could go to our room. Not big but cozy and clean, a small bathroom with enough clean towels, two convenient queen-beds, a coffee maker, a fridge and a TV. The main entrance door is at the back of the building and through a second sliding door at the opposite of the room you can reach the garden space where the grills etc. are.
The only negative thing - he back of the building with the parking lots and the main entrance doors to each of the room looks a little run down like a spot in a slum. A white wall with no windows or any variety and the view from here across the street isn't much better. But - we stay IN the room for sleep and not on the outside, so - we didn't mind that too much because we are down to earth people who are nagging about every little insignificant bagatelle.

You get a continental breakfast with enough choices in the morning and for us there was no lack of anything. When something ran short, it was filled up immediately and the tables in the breakfast room were cleaned immediately, after the previous guests had left.

All in all we can recommend the Page Boy Motel and will make a reservation again, when we are in Page. If you are on a budget and you like "old-style" motels, it's a place to stay in Page with a friendly and helpful staff. The motel is located only minute-walks away from several restaurants and stores.

Don't take notice of the "terrible" and "poor" ratings - first: many of them have older datings and second: by reading the latest "terrible" and "poor" ratings I noticed that they were written by nitpickers, who obviously stick at trifles (in Germany we call them "Korinthenkacker")! These kind of people expect ***** (five star)-quality for less than $$.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Outlaw2013
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We were very disappointed at the service, size and price of our room at the page boy. The desk clerk checked us in and she was friendly. We were told there was a continental breakfast at 8:00am. When we went to the dining room the door was locked and no one ever showed up. The rooms are very small, old and not very clean. Go a little higher on your price and stay on the new side of Page.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pjones04
Reviewed October 18, 2013

this was a very pleasant place to stay. We had booked through Expedia and everything went well with registration. The room was clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast was good, with lots of choices, although crowded as we arrived at the same time as a bus tour. This hotel was very good but a bit more expensive than we were budgeting for. Don't forget you are in Arizona and taxes are more.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is an older motel. One can see the age of the motel in the decor, but my room was clean and the front desk was friendly. The outdoor patio and garden space is well kept and neat. The breakfast area consists of indoor and outdoor space, along with a patio.
I had very limited cell phone reception in this area and let my friends and family know my room and the phone number to the motel in case they needed to contact me. Well, it so happens my sister called a few times and her call was transfered to my room. She was unable to leave a message and told the front desk of this. Front desk told her that YES, the system is unable to let callers leave a message. My sister then asked the employee if he could pass on a message to me, to which his reply was "If I see her". She asked nicely if he could possibly tape a note to my room door to advise of her attempt to get hold of me. He said he would.
I never received a note or message either way that someone has been trying to get hold of me. Apart from this minor annoyance, my stay was peaceful and the price was reasonable for this area and time of year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank N0eta
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went in there on September. This is the first time I stayed at a motel. The staff was very friendly. I could check in with feeling good. Our party was three. There was 1 extra bed, we could sleep perfectly!! If sunny outside, we could enjoy the swimming pool and pretty patio. Service included breakfast at open space. Everything is not big, but, well taken care of all and the price was very reasonable. The woman manager(I think she was the manager) took good care of us. One drawback was WIFI couldn't use in the room, we had to step outside.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family