“Great Guide, Great Experience”

Hidden Canyon Kayak
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy kayaking in Lake Powell with our experience and friendly kayak tour or kayak rental. You will have an unbelievable time in Lake Powell--a hidden gem of the Southwest in Page, Arizona. We offer Antelope Canyon kayak tour, slot canyon kayak tour (half day, full day), camping (overnight, multi day) and more in Lake Powell.
madison, wi
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Guide, Great Experience”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I did the overnight kayak trip to Labyrinth and Face Canyon. Dave was a wonderful guide and also a very good host. He made sure that everyone was well fed and hydrated throughout the whole trip. He provided breakfast, lunch and dinner along with snacks, soda and water. The kayaking was so much fun. We paddled for a couple of hours each day into the canyons and then hiked too. It was exciting to see beautiful slot canyons, petroglyphs and Moqui steps. We also enjoyed camping under the stars. That night there was no moon and it was the longest day of the year. The Milky Way was amazing and we saw many shooting stars.

Hidden Canyon provides you with all of the camping and kayaking gear. You only need to bring a water bottle, sunscreen, a hat, some extra clothes and definitely don't forget your camera. Dave provides dry bags too if you need it! You are well taken care of.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank laisunshine

Charleston, SC 29455
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“What a great experience”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Kayaking into Labyrinth Canyon and then hiking up the slot end was absolutely wonderful. The boat ride out and back was also beautiful with the rock walls surrounding the lake changing color as the sun's angle changed. We were lucky to be the only two on the trip with two guides! Joe and Chris were super-fun and very knowledgeable about the formation of the canyon and surrounding area, the geology itself, the lake, the animals, etc. And they made a great lunch!

If you do only one thing at Lake Powell then strongly consider this trip. Maybe you should call ahead to find out which day they have the fewest bookings.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Andrew A
Rockford, IL
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“HCK's Escalante trip in September 2012”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I took the 5 day Escalante trip. It was 4-5 hours per day paddling and 1-2 hours per day hiking. It was excellent. The scenery was unique and from the sea kayak it was stunning. The hiking was also into canyons, and also very interesting. The tour guides displayed excellent customer service skills and gave the group, 9 people, choices of various destination for many of the trips. I recommend.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank trails44
Hopatcong, New Jersey, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“activity not to miss!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked the package with the soft river rafting in the morning and Kayak in the afternoon. What an awesome day. the girl who took our reservation was a little confused and reserved the kayaks for more experienced people but it all worked out. Craig was our guide. He gave great instructions as some on the trip never kayaked. At least my husband and I had some experience. I did end up flipping the kayak but Craig was fabulous. Encouraging, calm, I was so embarrassed but he was such a professional. Made me feel so much better. He was careful with the weather to make sure the water was not to rough. What beautiful sites. Defiantly not to be missed. We actually stayed in Page for 2 nights and had lots of fun.

Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
“Best part of our summer vacation”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This summer, we had a great vacation trip. Flight to Las Vegas, drove around the Great Canyon, back to Las Vegas, drove to Yosemite National Park. After we got back to home, I asked my kids (14 and 9 years old) which part of vacation is the best, the answers from both of them are Hidden Canyon Kayak trip. No need to say more, thank you Dave and Christine!

Visited August 2012

Been to Hidden Canyon Kayak? Share your experiences!