“Kayak refund”

Hidden Canyon Kayak
Ranked #1 of 43 Tours in Page
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy kayaking in Lake Powell with our experience and friendly kayak tour or kayak rental. You will have an unbelievable time in Lake Powell--a hidden gem of the Southwest in Page, Arizona. We offer Antelope Canyon kayak tour, slot canyon kayak tour (half day, full day), camping (overnight, multi day) and more in Lake Powell.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I didn't actually take the kayak tour becasue I was injured, but the owner was nice enough to refund my money even though I booked the trip via another touring comapny it was out of policy. They deserve a good rating Thanks!

2  Thank M L

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I guess I don't have to say much. The other reviews have it right. And Dave's long experience on the lake is invaluable. If you can, do an overnight trip. Sunset on Lake Powell is not to be missed.

1  Thank MMoverman
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our group of 9 women couldn't have asked for a more amazing day when visiting the Page area. Most of the ladies said that this kayaking trip trumped the previous day's visit of the Grand Canyon... which says a lot considering it's the *Grand Canyon* ;)

Dave was very flexible in the initial planning, and even throughout the day he altered the plan to suit our needs.

It's very very hot if you go in July... but they were well equipped with water and the shaded pontoon boat made getting out of the sun easy.

Our group was made up of scientists... so we were pleasantly surprised with the geological knowledge both of our tour guides were able to share (too many tours just cover the basics... these guys were able to explain all of our questions in great detail). That said, we aren't rock scientists... so it's not like Gary overloaded us with terms we couldn't understand. We came away knowing so much about the area, even though most of us were geology newbies. Gary even provided us with one of his books about the area... such an amazing gesture!

Most importantly... the sites were incredible...nothing like we'd ever seen.

Don't hesitate... this is THE kayaking tour to do. Seriously!!!

1  Thank Goshe
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our family of four (9 and 16 year old kids) took a half day trip this morning. Craig was an outstanding guide. Since none of us had ever kayaked before, he gave us a little longer land lesson on how to get in; how to get out; how to paddle and how to right the kayak and get back in if you tip over. We needed that lesson because we tipped over within 15 minutes. Once we got that event out of the way, it was smooth paddling the rest of the day. Craig gave us pointers and directions but pretty much let us do our own thing. We loved paddling through the Lone Rock Canyon and enjoyed the opportunity to stop and take a swim. Craig took pictures of the entire trip and posts them on facebook. Great trip.

1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife & I checked the South Rim of the Grand Canyon off our bucket list and traveled the short distance to Page, AZ where we met Dave, an expert outfitter and guide for HCK. We are once a year kayakers who have kayaked on guided trips in Costa Rica, Boston and Bar Harbor, ME. Those are beautiful places, but the 1/2 day trip on Lake Powell was the highlight of our weeklong trip to AZ. Dave was the best guide ever! Dave had recommendations for meals, a B&B in town and additional fun trips, even before we got in the state! He was on time and over prepared for our journey on the water. The tour boat was very comfortable and the shade was a blessing in the July heat. The scenery was beyond awesome and we were guided to a great cove with beautiful beaches, cliffs and vistas. Dave prepared a great lunch which included some of the best gourmet chicken salad I've ever eaten. Being a beginner kayaker, my wife enjoyed all aspects of paddling the calm, cool waters. I'm planning an overnight trip with HCK so my 3 grown sons can enjoy this adventure, too.

Been to Hidden Canyon Kayak? Share your experiences!