“Great Kayaking Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hidden Canyon Kayak

Hidden Canyon Kayak
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy kayaking in Lake Powell with our friendly kayak tour or kayak rental. You will have an unbelievable time in Lake Powell--a hidden gem of the Southwest in Page, Arizona. We offer Antelope Canyon kayak tour, slot canyon kayak tour (half day, full day), camping (overnight, multi day) and more in Lake Powell.
Vienna, Virginia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Kayaking Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our family of four (9 and 16 year old kids) took a half day trip this morning. Craig was an outstanding guide. Since none of us had ever kayaked before, he gave us a little longer land lesson on how to get in; how to get out; how to paddle and how to right the kayak and get back in if you tip over. We needed that lesson because we tipped over within 15 minutes. Once we got that event out of the way, it was smooth paddling the rest of the day. Craig gave us pointers and directions but pretty much let us do our own thing. We loved paddling through the Lone Rock Canyon and enjoyed the opportunity to stop and take a swim. Craig took pictures of the entire trip and posts them on facebook. Great trip.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rick B

Bainbridge, Georgia
“Must Do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

My wife & I checked the South Rim of the Grand Canyon off our bucket list and traveled the short distance to Page, AZ where we met Dave, an expert outfitter and guide for HCK. We are once a year kayakers who have kayaked on guided trips in Costa Rica, Boston and Bar Harbor, ME. Those are beautiful places, but the 1/2 day trip on Lake Powell was the highlight of our weeklong trip to AZ. Dave was the best guide ever! Dave had recommendations for meals, a B&B in town and additional fun trips, even before we got in the state! He was on time and over prepared for our journey on the water. The tour boat was very comfortable and the shade was a blessing in the July heat. The scenery was beyond awesome and we were guided to a great cove with beautiful beaches, cliffs and vistas. Dave prepared a great lunch which included some of the best gourmet chicken salad I've ever eaten. Being a beginner kayaker, my wife enjoyed all aspects of paddling the calm, cool waters. I'm planning an overnight trip with HCK so my 3 grown sons can enjoy this adventure, too.

Rockville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great afternoon on the Lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our guide Craig took us across the Bay to a quiet cove to swim, and to explore a small slot canyon. Pleasant, refreshing, and amazing rocks, no problem with the jet skis.

Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Hidden Canyon Kayak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had the most amazing day out on Lake Powell and we owe it all to Hidden Canyon Kayak. It could not have been better! We learned history, enjoyed the beautiful scenes, kayaking, hiking, what a perfect day. The lunch was just as perfect, I would highly recommend it to anyone, well worth the money!

Phoenix, Arizona
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I probably can't add much to previous reviews as my experience is consistent with others who rated it as excellent. I took an overnight trip with my nephew and we can't wait to go do it again. The highlight was sleeping at night on a sandy beach, on very comfy cots under a million stars, and waking up to an early morning paddle and the smells of breakfast being cooked. Clint and Leif were excellent guides, cooks, organizers, and educators about Lake Powell. Highly recommend even for kayak novices. I'm already planning a trip for next year with more family.

Visited July 2012

Been to Hidden Canyon Kayak? Share your experiences!