“Hidden Canyon Kayak”

Hidden Canyon Kayak
Ranked #1 of 42 Tours in Page
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy kayaking in Lake Powell with our experience and friendly kayak tour or kayak rental. You will have an unbelievable time in Lake Powell--a hidden gem of the Southwest in Page, Arizona. We offer Antelope Canyon kayak tour, slot canyon kayak tour (half day, full day), camping (overnight, multi day) and more in Lake Powell.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had the most amazing day out on Lake Powell and we owe it all to Hidden Canyon Kayak. It could not have been better! We learned history, enjoyed the beautiful scenes, kayaking, hiking, what a perfect day. The lunch was just as perfect, I would highly recommend it to anyone, well worth the money!

All reviews
"dry bags"
"life vests"
"great trip"
in 28 reviews
"highly recommend this trip to anyone"
in 5 reviews
"road trip"
"beautiful scenery"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I probably can't add much to previous reviews as my experience is consistent with others who rated it as excellent. I took an overnight trip with my nephew and we can't wait to go do it again. The highlight was sleeping at night on a sandy beach, on very comfy cots under a million stars, and waking up to an early morning paddle and the smells of breakfast being cooked. Clint and Leif were excellent guides, cooks, organizers, and educators about Lake Powell. Highly recommend even for kayak novices. I'm already planning a trip for next year with more family.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Hired Hidden Canyon kayaks to outfit our five day family kayak trip on lake powell. The whole experience was awesome. Dave and Clint were very helpful with advice and planning our un-guided trip. They took us up to rainbows bridge, and fed us lunch before dropping us off for our trip. I have been going to the lake for over thirty years, and i can honestly say experiencing it by kayak, was like experiencing the lake again for the first time. Beautiful scenery, awesome slot canyons, spectacular sunsets. Thanks guys, can't wait to do it again. Boats and gear were solid. I would recommend this to anyone with an adventurous spirit!

1  Thank Alan R
Reviewed July 18, 2012

For families making the Great Circle Tour (Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Zion, etc.) this is an outstanding addition to your itinerary. After numerous desert locales it was great to get out on the water, and visit a few slot canyons without the crowds. Dave and the HCK crew provided all the equipment and gear for 2 days of kayaking, 4 great meals, and an overnight of camping under a million more stars than you can see in a city. We had 2 boys with us (9 & 11) who loved all the swimming opportunities after all the car rides, and my wife and I loved having everything taken care of for us. Experienced kayakers will appreciate having a guide to zip them up the lake on a custom-built kayak support boat to the best slot canyons, based on the constantly varying lake levels (some several hundred meters long but too narrow to use your kayak oar as anything other than canoe paddle), and the only risk for the kayaking novice is that you will be ruined for all other settings after Lake Powell. My only knock is that I could have done even more paddling each day (hate to relax during daylight), but that will be something to look forward to if I can get back there for a week-long excursion.