“This place has potential, but they squandered it!”

Canyon King Pizzeria
Ranked #35 of 60 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The historic Canyon King paddle wheeler serves artisan pizza, pasta and salads. Locally owned with hand crafted food, your dining experience will be memorable.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

When I heard they were decommissioning this boat from the lake and putting it here, I thought they'd have a pool of water with the paddle moving in it. Nope. It would have been awesome!

The food was exceedingly overpriced and didn't even taste good. I think it had been sitting. The bartender was pretty cool (Kyle) but the drinks were out of my price range.

And they kept honking this obnoxious, ear-splitting air horn or fog horn thing... the owners seem to think this is some great thing, but it took me so by surprise, and is so incredibly loud, that I clenched my whole body in a panic response and got a crick in my shoulder. I feel sorry for the employees who have to hear that day in and day out, and just as bad for the other businesses who have to listen to it echo around their plaza! I'm not going here again, and I live in this town. One less option to even consider. Unfortunate. :-(

1  Thank wendy645

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The restaurant is on a steamboat so the layout is a bit out of kilter but the booths are big and the crowd was entertaining. This is a very popular place with families vacationing on houseboats on Lake Powell. So, the restaurant filled up by 6 o'clock the day we were there in June. As a result the service was a bit slow but we didn't mind because the salad we shared was fresh and tasty. The sausage and mushroom pizza was good.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Every year we leave Lake Powell and go into Page for pizza and a shake. We have always gone to Pizza Hut, but this year we decided to try something different. Huge mistake!! We placed our order at 5:45, and didn't get our food until 7:00. It wasn't like it was busy either. Only 3-4 other tables were being used. The pizza was mediocre at best. I ordered a BBQ chicken pizza, that didn't even taste like it had BBQ anything on it. We had to keep reminding the waiter to bring us refills. Our final bill for one small pizza, one large pizza, and a couple sodas was $65. Very overpriced for the quality of food. I wish they cared about their quality of food they served, and not just sell the fact that you're eating it on an old boat. I'm going back to Pizza Hut for some good pizza at a fair price!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Dinner at Canyon King was a welcome respite after a day on the water at Lake Powell. We were drawn to the place by self-proclaimed reviews of "#1 Restaurant in Page" AND the location in a Paddleboat.
Our family of 4 was greeted by the owner, Gary, who acted as our doorman and ushered past the old Diesel engine buried under a thick glass floor.
Don't ask me what a paddle boat has to do with pizza, but Chicagoans don't really care about circuses as much as bread when it comes to pizza places.
Family salad with individual sides of blue cheese and balsamic dressings satisfied our family as well as the dripping garlic bread. A 16" pie of the first named pizza on the menu was delicious, but a bit burnt on the underside.
No room for dessert, but our waiter was gracious and friendly.
Get to THE CANYON KING!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our group of 10 went early to ensure getting a table. Arrived before 5:30, greeted by the owner and given a choice of seating. Drinks were ordered and arrived promptly, but had to send one back as it was made opposite of what was ordered. Server was great and even took time to take our picture. We shared salads and 4 pizzas. The salad dressings stood out the most! The balsamic vinaigrette was outstanding, as well as the cilantro lime! We asked for the recipe for the vinaigrette and the owner brought it to us to copy. Pizzas were all tasty and we had leftovers the next day on the boat. I would recommend Canyon King and will definitely return on our next visit to Page.

Been to Canyon King Pizzeria? Share your experiences!