“Fantastic Tour!”

Overland Canyon Tours
Reno, Nevada
“Fantastic Tour!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were traveling with our two children, ages 5 and 7, and wanted to see Antelope Canyon. After checking prices and reviews, we chose to book the Upper Antelope Canyon "Regular Tour" with Overland Canyon Tours. Overland is fantastic! Our tour guide, Jackie (sp?), was great. She took a lot of time with us to point out and describe features, and she was great with the kids (showing them cool tricks--e.g., how to make echo noises in certain places and, using sand and water, how the canyon itself formed). She even helped adjust our camera settings and suggesed cool spots to snap photos, which resulted in some really gorgeous shots. We would definitely recommend going with Overland Canyon Tours!

Fresno, California
“Canyon X with Overland Canyon Tours”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I booked a photographers’ sunrise to sunset tour with Overland Canyon Tours and received a top-notch tour. The tour included Canyon X, which can only be accessed through Overland Canyon Tours. The tour guide and owner, Charly, is a terrific photographer, as illustrated by his photo gallery. His knowledge about photography and the canyons led to a first-rate, enjoyable learning and photography experience. Charly was there when you had questions and anxious to help and suggest ideas, but also an excellent judge as to when to help and when to let you roam free through the canyons. You can see the some of the photos at: http://gbwells.net/Landscape_Photos.html

The tour sizes are limited (we had only five), so you can take your time and get some beautiful photos without trying to rush and compte to get good pictures with a tripod and dozens of people trying to do the same thing. In addition, Charly picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel, provided a large lunch with plenty of snacks, cold water, and a great sense of humor.

The photo tour was with my father and father-in-law. Our wives took the Upper Antelope Canyon tour with another of the guides at Overland Canyon Tours. They returned just as excited about their tour and couldn’t say enough about how beautiful the canyon was and how fun their tour guide was. All of us had a great time and can’t say enough good things about our experiences.

Southfield, Michigan
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Unforgettable”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

First, let me say my husband thought I was crazy for driving almost 70 miles out of the way to take the 90 minute cave tour (AZ US89 landslide closure). After the tour he got it. It was one of the unforgettable tours we have taken. We drove to Page the night before after visiting the Grand Canyon. After our tour we both agreed it was better than Grand Canyon for us. Our tour got a rough start, we misunderstood the instructions we had received from Overland. We thought that we had to be at the Overland office at 10:15, but the tour was leaving the office at 10:15 when we arrived. The lady in the office was kind enough to have the photo tour guide which was just preparing to leave the office, take us to our guide. May I say the photo tour guide had no problem with dropping us off and addressed us as he did the ones in his tour group. Our guide was Jackie, she was a great driver and guide. Glad we were in a Suburban rather than the trucks we saw as we drove to the mouth of the cave. The area is sandy and has a lot of ruts. Jackie kept our group far enough from the groups in front of us so that it gave us great photo ops. When we had problems getting good photos she showed us where to stand to get the best pictures and even adjusted out camera setting to take advantage of the lighting. She told us interesting stories of when the cave was first discovered and rock formation resemblance. The tour was only 90 minutes, but it was worth every mile we drove. It truly was an unforgettable experience and tour. Our thanks go out to the great group at Overland Tours.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank johnlh
phoenix, az
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“amazing experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

used this site (as usual) to decide who to go with to visit the slot canyons, and once again tripadvisor came through as did overland tours. a smaller establishment without any fancy vehicles, but our guide was experienced and has me convinced that ANYONE can produce amazing photos with their guidance. this truly is something most anyone can do physically and the guide is very well informed with geography, conditions and with photo tips. the little extra it cost to go prime time seemed worth it since we seemed to encounter just the right light and missed the herds of overbearing tourists that filled the canyon on our way out. this was definitely one of the most unique natural wonders and shouldnt be missed if anywhere near the page area. even knowing there is about an hour detour to get here from the south this was well worth the drive.

1 Thank bobambro
Honolulu
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just did a 10:15 am photo tour last week, with Marty as the tour guide. He was terrific! He's been a Page resident for over 20 years, and knows Antelope Canyon like the back of his hand. I did the upper canyon tour, and needless to say I don't have to repeat what all the reviewers have said about the crowd factor. But having said that, he did a superb job getting us into position for many many awesome shots. I didn't really expect to see sunbeams this early (last week of March), but two sunbeams did make an appearance and Marty knew exactly when they would appear and where we should position ourselves. I forgot to mention there were only five of us on the photo tour. He made sure we all got the shots we came for, and I have to say all the tour guides cooperated extremely well with each other to make sure we didn't get in each other's way (as much as humanly possible, anyway). I give all the guides huge props for their ability to work with each other and position their group members in veryconfined spaces, with time constraints.

I will also repeat what other reviewers have said and caution future visitors that the guides will take a shovel (or their hand) and throw fine dirt into the air when a sunbeam appears, to make the sunbeam more visible for the photo. I didn't bring one, but it would probably be a good idea to wear a hankerchief or even a surgical type mask over your mouth when the dirt-throwing starts. The dirt is so fine you can't avoid getting some of it in your lungs.

Someday I'll get back to Page, and will do these two things for sure: return to Lower Canyon (I also spent one and a half hours there but I was in photographer's heaven and there was not enough time), and take the Canyon X tour with Overland Canyon Tours. They are the only tour company that can go there, and I saw a number of very cool photos taken in Canyon X on display in their photo gallery.

I'll try to come back to this review to post some of my Antelope Canyon pics. I recommend Overland Canyon Tours!

Visited March 2013