“Nice experience”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Nice experience”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were late trying to find the office, but they didn't complain. Instead, we were told that we can pay after the tour. We were greeted warmly and taken in a Suburban to the canyons. Nice to ride in an SUV rather than being taken in open trucks and subject to dusts from the sandy road. Our tour guide gave us water packs before our canyon entry. She then patiently walked us through the different spots in the Upper Antelope Canyons, giving us tips about the different spots for taking photographs. She was very knowledgeable and we confirmed the directions to monument valley with her before we left the place.

Visited September 2012

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Tour operator is great, despite the large crowds in Antelope Canyon”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

We booked a photographer tour with Overland. Our tour guide, Hank, was very knowledgable and friendly and we enjoyed our tour a lot, also because of him. Even though we visited the canyon off season it was extremely busy. Some other tour operators ushered "their groups" through the canyon hardly allowing them to enjoy the scenery or give some background information.

Not our tour guide. He took his time, showed us the best spots and made sure we got enough time to both enjoy the scenery and get good pictures of it. It was difficult to get some good pics without other people in it but thanks to our guide we managed.

We will definitely book another tour with Overland, but then to Canyon X. Not so crowdy and not so many tourists or tour operators with dollar signs in their eyes instead of nature's beauty in their heart.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Antelope/Canyon X Combo Tour”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We loved our Antelope/Canyon X combo tour. Robin was our guide, and he did an excellent job. He helped point out beutiful shots in Antelope as well as showed you the way to use your camera to its fullest. Canyon X was great becasue there was no one else there. It was a bit of a hike to get down to it, but well worth the climb.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kringle27
Cork, Ireland
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Stunning photos, but so packed”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

With my piddling little point and shoot, I was never going to get the best out of Antelope Canyon, and so wasn't sure I'd even bother, but as I was in Page, I added it to my agenda, choosing Overland's 4x4 over the covered wagons other operators use.

We left Page at 1015, and it took about 30mins to get to the Upper Antelope Canyon. Then it was a slow hike through the canyon and back out again. Our guide led us through and pointed out some interesting photo opportunities, so I’m looking forward to seeing what my camera can actually do. It was slow going with groups all over the place, but the guide would get us to hang back in the interconnecting corridors before bringing us into the more interesting chambers when nobody else was around. We spent about 45 minutes there in total, then back to Page and unloading. That was pretty good, the guide was alright, although I would’ve preferred someone who had been at it longer (he’d only been doing it since March).

Visited June 2012
Helsinki, Finland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Antelope Canyon Tour”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We - my American cousin and I - went on a Sunday morning tour at 8.15am (cool, I loved it) in August and we were so lucky to get Jacky as our guide. She explained everything to us and even took the right pictures, from the right angles. Being a tour guide myself (Helsinki tourist guide) I know what a good tour is like and I got it. It could not have been better! The Antelope Canyon comes second in my All-Time-Out-Of-This-World-Attraction-list, directly after the Grand Canyon. Of course we were especially lucky since we were the only ones in our group and Jacky was able to devote her time to the both of us. If I ever come back I will do so and take the midday tour (the light beams!), but I fear it will be a lot hotter.Thanks, Jacky, you are the best!

Visited August 2012