“Go early to avoid crowds!”

Antelope Canyon Tours by Roger Ekis
Ranked #5 of 46 Outdoor Activities in Page
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Bundle up because it's cold early, but worth avoiding crowds. We took the 9:30 trip, our guide was friendly and had good photo suggestions, but on the way out we passed literally over a hundred packed people. Not sure how you could get any good pictures with that many people around.

2  Thank AAW67
Write a ReviewReviews (1,948)
All reviews
"photo opportunities"
in 19 reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 20 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 18 reviews
in 126 reviews
"truck"
in 105 reviews

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I took this tour recently with my boyfriend and enjoyed the experience more than I thought I would. We took the photo tour and our guide's name was Rosie. I definitely recommend Rosie, she made the tour. This is definitely not a photo workshop, but Rosie gave everyone in the group great pointers on everything from how to set your camera to pointing out great shots. The photo tour is worth the extra expense because you get more time in the canyon and a bit of VIP treatment. Antelope Canyon is amazing and I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Visited Antelope Canyon in October, 2012, as part of our road trip to the Four Corners area of the Southwest. Expected this canyon to be the high point of our trip. Unfortunately, this expectation was too high. The canyon, itself, was fantastically awesome (5 Stars). HOWEVER! First problem was booking the canyon excursion from our campground. Wanted to do both Upper and Lower Canyon. Unknown to me, there is more than one tour company. So, could only book Upper Canyon through the campground. Took the trip. Definitely agree with most other reviewers about the overcrowding. So, decided not to do the Lower Canyon based on experience with the crowds on Upper Canyon tour. Our guide seemed to be very knowledgable; but, the guide in the group behind us did a much better job of projecting his voice to the point we could not hear our guide. In my opinion, after participating in various tours and activities on this road trip the experience provided by the National Park Service is understated, outstanding, and tasteful when compared with those provided by most private or local municipalities. So far as the negative comments related to the transportation to and from Antelope Canyon—Get Over It. (Try a jeep safari in Africa!!!) The jeep-like vehicles are part of the experience. If you want arm-chair luxury, stay home and watch a video. I am over 70 and had no problem boarding and riding in the vehicles.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband took the photographer's tour 9 years ago and loved the experience. We took the same tour again last week and found it too be so crowded that it was almost impossible to set up a tripod and take pictures. My husband paid for the photographer's tour but had a constant stream of people passing through the canyon in front of him. Definitely wouldn't do it again.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This has been on my own list for the past four years and I am grateful to finally check it off! I booked the photographers tour which meant spending 2 1/2 hours in the canyon. The time FLEW by as our guide, Paul, took time to help me set up beautiful shots with suggestions on lighting and time exposures. There were several other tours in the canyon and Paul made it possible for all of us in the photo tour to get the shots we wanted; as many as we wanted. I would suggest that families DO NOT bring small children (under 8) as the canyon is narrow at points and can be dark depending on time of day. There were a few small children (infants-5 years) who were miserable (as were any one around them!)

Been to Antelope Canyon Tours by Roger Ekis? Share your experiences!