“great overnight stay”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Page
Sandbach, United Kingdom
“great overnight stay”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We only stayed here for 1 night, but was so pleased we did, rather than staying in Page. The room was spacious and very comfortable - and available well in advance of the advertised check-in time. Ideally located for the lake, obviously and the hotel amenities were great. Loved the view from the pool :-) We ate in the restaurant for our evening meal - delicious. The waiters were very attentive. The only minor thing was the less then welcoming greeting from the receptionist who very snootily told us we were early for check in. We were and didn't expect a room to be ready, but she did have one available, so her initial comments were a bit rude I thought. That was only one person and she did accommodate us, so really not a problem. Otherwise everyone and everything was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Lake Powell Resort is located directly on Lake Powell and offers amazing views of the marina/lake. The staff was great accommodating our upgrade request. Internet is weak from the rooms, but if you are lucky to be located in one of the room close to the lobby, you should have sufficient reception to check e-mail and use your search engine. I would have given up internet reception in exchange for the view. The rates are a little high, but you are paying for the location. If you can afford the upgrade to a room with a view, it is well worth it. The sunrise, sunset and moonrise are beautiful against the water and the rocks.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a view, marina or lake, both are nice. We had a corner unit and it was great...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Was a bit put off by the Lobby of this hotel as it was crammed with people for the boat tours when I checked in. However, the receptionist was helpful and gave us a lovely room overlooking the lake which was clean and comfortable. It was very hot when we were there but the balcony was in the shade in the afternoon. The prices in the restaurant were rather high so we opted to eat in the grill. Reading other reviews of this place makes me feel I didn't stay in the same hotel. We overlooked the pool and did not find it noisy.

We are not watersports people so the lake did not have a lot to offer us after we had done a boat trip, hence we only stayed for one night.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I am writing this from the lobby of the Resort because there is no WI-Fi in the rooms. The lobby is very small and you share the space with the boat tours, incoming bus tours and the cocktail area. Our room is a deluxe lakeside that is small and overlooks the pool area that has music and noise until dark, The Resort has bus tours in and out. There is no elevator to second floor, bell carts are used by the bus companies or the housekeeping staff. The front desk explained the reason that our room had not been cleaned by 3:30 and probably would not be done was because the rooms for incoming guests are done before guests actually in the resort. I had read negative reports about this Resort on this forum, but wanted a view of the lake. I regret not staying in Page.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keenwickde
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Since I live out of a suitcase practically two-thirds of the year, I think myself a novice authority on rating hotels, accommodations etc. However, in defense of any property I may not favour well, almost all of my trips are business related so I don’t always get to experience all the wonderful amenities they may offer, and this hotel was no exception.

However, what I saw online was nothing like I experienced in a negative sense.
• The hotel/resort is in a national park, which is absolutely beautiful, but you have to pay $15 to enter there because it’s the address of the hotel within, also. If you are a guest at the hotel, that money should be credited back to all guests. Not cool!
• Like I said above, the grounds of the hotel/resort is very beautiful but the buildings are very old and it truly shows inside. I’m only 5’9 and I can touch the tile drop ceiling in the hallway to the rooms with my hands. The carpeting is old, there was no internet in the room, only in the lobby and the rooms offer soap, shampoo and lotion via a dispenser you would typically find in a local gym. I thought I was in the YMCA when I saw this and truly wanted to check out but we were only there for one night so, I dealt with it. God help you if you are taller than 5’9, which I am, when you take a shower. I was almost as tall as the shower head and found myself almost squatting to get under the shower head. I just couldn’t believe it.
• Check out time is 10 or 11 AM.. Correct? So why was the housekeep knocking at our door at 7:33AM? I couldn’t believe it. I thought at first maybe it was a guest or visitor there to see someone and knocked on the wrong room but NO… It was housekeeping. And to make matters worse she came back an hour or so later. WTF! If I didn’t know better I would have thought maybe my credit card declined or something… Which wasn’t the case at all! Besides, I purchased the room through Hotels.com and you pay in full or no bookings for you pal. Needless to say, wishing to sleep in late was shot to pieces.
• The restaurant closes at 10PM the Bar at 11PM. Really? At a resort? Come’on folks!

The redeeming part of the stay was the view from my room. The picture I have shown is exactly what I saw outside my balcony and it was awesome.

In conclusion, I will enjoy this national park again, but not as a guest of this hotel. There is old, antique, rustic and I love that, and then there is old and we need to renovate. Well folks of Lake Powell Resort, you need to update this property and make folks happy to spend the good money they do and enjoy your property, properly. This was not a cheap stay and I truly would have been happier at Super 8, which I have stayed in before but Super 8 is what it say it is and nothing more. As a resort, when you use that word in your name AND you charge the money you do for your rooms…. You better be DAMN sure your guests are receiving the quality for what you are supposed to represent and what we are paying for. So until then please remove the “Resort” from your name until you bring this property up to scratch in value, accommodations and service.

Room Tip: As I looked for the A/C control on the wall of my room I was shocked to see a wall unit air conditio...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Guilder03
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 4, 2012

You will be fooled by the Lobby, Restaurant and grounds when you arrive at Lake Powell. They are beautiful and very, very high end. Then you get your room. We did get an economy room (Stay more, Save more deal) but felt like we were staying in the housekeepers closet. We were literally under the stairs so it sounded like a heard of elephants were constantly running above us. The shower was so small that you couldn't wash your hair without rubbing on the tile. The tile of the shower was black with mold and the shower leaked all over the floor. Right outside of our door was the GIANT housekeepers trash/recycling bin. Between 5:30 am and 6:30 am, all we heard was the cabinets on the floor above slamming every 2 minutes because housekeeping were getting replenishment supplies for the morning. When I told the hotel this, they recommended that I should have specified that I didn't want that. I was to know that I didn't want to stay in a closet below the stairs with a moldy bathroom. I asked if this is what "economy" meant to them and that even though we paid less we were not less than every one else. The receptionist just kept nodding. Needless to say, next year, we will be staying up the road in Page where the hotels are nicer, cheaper and their are plenty of restaurants. Also, breakfast is $15 a person for buffet and the grill only offers burgers and pizza. The other restaurant is Reservations only and extremely expensive.

Room Tip: Do not get Stay More, Save More. Fork up the extra money or go to Page up the road and stay at anoth...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Cincy_Jenni
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed for two nights here in May 2012 as we wanted to Kayak Lake Powell, Due to the Solar eclipse event, no hotel in Page was available so had to book the rather expensive Lake Powell reosrt.
Had a lakeside view room which was huge with two queen sized beds(very comfy) and a giant TV and a little balcony with a perfect view of the lake.
Checking in was easy and the staff were very polite, got to the room with no issues. It was spotlessly clean as you would expect and had a safe and a fridge and a small bathroom.
There is a starbucks in reception where the staff were excellent and served great coffee. We ate in the bar one night and were a little disappointed with the service. The waitress seemed rushed off her feet despite there being maybe only 15 people in the bar and kept forgetting our order and our wine choice as she didn't write it down.The food was very nice but the check was put down and we were asked if we wanted anything else as the kitchen was closing(2115) before we had even got halfway through the meal...it wasn't quite the relaxed meal we hoped for. We were then told that due to Indian Reservation law the bar would shut at 2200...which was frustrating as the Resort is a fair way out from Page and there is nowhere else but the resort where you could have a drink after your meal. It would have been nice to have extended our evening past 2200.
All in all it is a very nice resort but extremely pricey for what you get, beakfast was not included and although the drinks/dinner were average priced, I was a little disappointed that I couldn't have stayed somewhere cheaper for the same experience.

2 Thank Emma W