Ways to Experience Antelope Canyon
from $248.99
from $218.60
from $199.00
7,165 results
All reviews bumpy ride navajo guide photo tour pickup truck take pictures tour companies around noon navajo land bucket list chief tsosie light beams regular tour lake powell camera settings natural wonder amazing photos rock formations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited Page area for the 2nd time (all the way from South Africa), to make sure we get into the Antelope Canyons this time. The tour to upper canyon was very special, but what a pain to take nice photographs with crowds of people pushing behind, others returning from the front and guides telling you to "move on,stay with your guide". The light was good, but there was no chance of using a tripod, and with a slow speed to compensate for the darker areas, it was extremely difficult. The photographic tours were sold out unfortunately, and the following day was overcast and possibility for rain and flush floods, so we had to make the best of our tour. We would have liked just a 15 minute break before the next group enter, giving one group more comfort in the narrow canyon. But what magnificent rock formations and the most amazing colors. If interested in good photography, only do the photographic tours or go on your own steam. Be aware, it's pricy and the drivers of the 14seater trucks are rough drivers. Take water, and sneakers will make it easy.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank Joles2013
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I are 70 and 72 and we are so glad we visited lower Antelope Canyon while we are still able to manage the climbing up and down many ladders and extensive walking in sand in the sometimes narrow canyon. It is one of the most amazing and beautiful locations on earth and well worth seeing. I just mention that it was difficult for me because I took the photographer's tour (which meant I could spend 2 hours by myself in the canyon taking photographs instead of the one hour tour, $10 more) and I became exhausted putting up and taking down my tripod, carrying my heavy gear and marching through that soft sand and up and down the ladders at my age. Thanks goodness my husband was there to assist me. And when you climb out of lower Antelope Canyon by yourself, there are no signs to show you which way to go back, so you have to scout out the different directions until you find the path (because you come up out onto solid rock). Do it while you are in good shape, but don't miss it.

Upper Antelope Canyon was also beautiful, but very dark when we went through due to the time of year (November). Tons of people, I mean crowded, and rushed, and much, much shorter than lower Antelope. We went directly to the entrance and took the tour from there. Don't know why others don't do that as well. It is so simple. The guide let me take my tripod as well as another man on the regular tour as long as we didn't hold things up, so we didn't have to take the more expensive photographer's tour. I was glad for that because the Canyon was completely full of people end to end and you couldn't have set up your tripod for long anyway. Busy place. If you only have time for one - visit Lower Antelope Canyon. We visited Page, Arizona, just to see these slot canyons.

Date of experience: November 2013
7  Thank Anne M
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were staying over at the nearby courtyard and we managed to book a tour in the hotel the next morning. It was absolutely worth it as an amateur photographer.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank reistgraag
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We went when the sunbeams were still coming through so the colors were amazing. I highly recommend a photography tour as one has more time with a smaller group. You can only go here with a guide from town

Date of experience: October 2013
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Fantastic place, but a bit pricey. If you took an excurison from Page, it cost $35.00 per person; we went in our car, so were forced to pay "Park Entrance Fee" of $6.00 per person, which was literally car parking fee, as you ONLY can go to canyon with guided tour on their open car - $40 pe person for 10am-12am departures, $25.00 for all other departures time.
As were in October, still no beam, and to be honest I don't think is great difference between 11am tour and 1pm tour.
Though the tour was very interesting, and well worth going!

Date of experience: October 2013