“A truly memorable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Antelope Slot Canyon Tours
Ranked #8 of 44 Outdoor Activities in Page
Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A truly memorable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

The photographic tour led by Mylo is a once in a lifetime adventure. Not only is Mylo an expert photographer and teacher, he freely shares his expertise with everyone, but is not afraid to share his personal passion for life, learning, the land and everything in it. The canyon is beyond description, but when you have it and a great human being leading the tour, you've had the best of the experience! This is a don't-miss attraction.

1 Thank billromyh

Tea, SD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Canyon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

A great experience! Highly recommended. We had Milo for a guide and took the photo tour. It was the best $50 I have ever spent. Spend the extra money for the photo tour, Milo was so helpful in setting up shots and putting us at the right spot at the right time. Make sure you go at mid day. Milo also played his flute which inside the canyon was beautiful.

1 Thank Randy H
the oc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“chief tsosie rules”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

took the 10:30am photo tour and mylo was our guide. i'm an amateur photographer and he was incredibly helpful with changing my camera settings and tripod to achieve the best photos. i probably would have had poor photos if i hadn't had his help. anyhow, the canyon is breathtaking and you won't be disappointed. you'll be lucky if mylo is your guide, as he is incredibly professional and informative. highly recommended!!

1 Thank cityslicker79
Nova Scotia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“incredible canyon; incredibly rude guide and rushed tour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

Sept, 2008: Did the regular 1:00-ish tour of this INCREDIBLE natural wonder. The LARGE tour group was much larger than promised, so the organizer had to find another truck to get the group to the canyon, so our truck was a few minutes late leaving, and then the driver had to pick up other people a hotel. When the driver finally delivered us to the canyon, the very pushy, bossy, rude tour guide HURRIED us through the canyon that was cramped with squirming, dodging people ... from other tour companies. The whole tour was very rushed and over-crowded. At one point, a person shorter than I (I am 5 ft 9 inches) stepped behind me to change his position, and the tour guide (who was short) called out that tall people should be "considerate of short people" and not "HOG the best viewing spots" and should "stay to the back". I was mortified. Those who paid for the photo tour were given more time ... and more space because the tour guide kept back we lower beings who had paid a bit less. The canyon is beautiful, but choose another way to see it.

3 Thank NovaScotianTraveller
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The highlight of my southwest trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

It's hard to describe the beauty of the slot canyons near Page. I've read some of the other reviews, and we all seem to be grasping for adjectives that try to describe their beauty: other-worldly, ethereal, magical. My first reaction was disbelief - this can't be real, right? Well, it is - and it's as amazing and beautiful as anywhere I can imagine on this side of heaven.

I went on the 2.5-hour photographic tour from Chief Tsosie's outfit. It was fabulous! I'd recommend it even if you're not a photographer because the longer time lets you savor the experience rather than just moving on through the canyon. And - I'd recomend it because of Mylo, the tour guide on the photo tour. He's an accomplished photographer himself - I saw some of his work back at the tour office, and it's excellent - but he is also a very knowledgeable guide (he knows right where to stand, and when, to see the amazing colors of the canyon walls) and a simply wonderful human being, very kind and patient. His playing the flute at the end of the tour was an extra treat.

Make it a point to go on Chief Tsosie's photo tour. Go for the beauty of the slot canyons, for the photos and memories you will take back, and for the good it will do for your soul. And definitely ask for Mylo! I can't imagine a better guide to take you there.

1 Thank Teknon

Been to Antelope Slot Canyon Tours? Share your experiences!