“Milo was the best guide.”

Antelope Slot Canyon Tours
Ranked #9 of 45 Outdoor Activities in Page
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I took the photograph tour and had Milo as a guide. If you are serious about taking great pics and having time to do so you need to go on the photography tour. Our guide Milo was professional, funny, and all around entertaining. He knew the canyon like the back of his hand and had us in the right spots when the light beams came thru. I would highly recommend going with these guys on the tour.

3  Thank repdomman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed June 9, 2008

We arrived 15 minutes early for our 3:00 pm tour at their office in Page. There were 12 of us and we loaded at 3:00 on the back of a large 4 wheel drive pick up. The drive to the entrance off of AZ-98 was easy and the ride up the sand wash was wild. Everyone in the back of the truck enjoyed it.
We unloaded at the entrance of the slot canyon and our guide, Milow, explained what we would be seeing. I can not say enough about Milow. He showed us where and how to take the best pictures. He helped people to reset their cameras to get the best pictures with the limited light. He was also great with answering questions, ever from the children on the tour.
At the end of the tour Milow took out his flute and played it in a alcove in the canyon. We were all surounded by the sound. Other tours stoped to listen to him.
I would recommend this tour with Chief Tsosie . For us it was one of the highlights of our vacation.

5  Thank rwdw
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Can't remember our guide's named, but this seems like a quality outlet. We spotted them from the road and took a chance. All the staff seem very friendly and the tour was a blast--a sand blast. Definitely recommended.

2  Thank skyvoid
Reviewed May 3, 2008

Our tour guide was Vera and she was wonderful. We were on a photograph tour which cost a little more but was worth it in my opinion. We seemed to have a lot more time in each area to take pictures and enjoy the beautiful canyon. Beware on windy days of the blowing sand coming in the canyon. We got covered a few times by sand and so did our photo equiptment. Also the ride out there was quite bumpy so I would not recommend it for people who can't handle a crazy ride. It was quite an adventure and I highly recommend it.

3  Thank Travelwise67
Reviewed April 4, 2008

One of our best memories from our recent trip to the Southwest was our tour with Chief Tsosie to this magnificent site. He shared stories of playing in this area as a child and played his flute in one section of the canyon, which was quite magical.

There are lots of tours to this site by different Navajo companies, but they are timed so they don't all arrive at the same time. If you don't care too much about taking pictures, you can save 10% on non-peak tour times using a coupon in the Page Visitor's guide.

We went on the 10:30 tour and had the beautiful shaft of light that you see in many fo the photographs of this place. Chief Tsosie took our family's picture with this light and all of his help in staging our shots resulted in beautiful pictures.

Prior to the trip, I worried about claustrophobia in the canyon, but decided to go ahead with the tour based on encouragement on this forum. I must admit there were some very tight spots and it was crowded in the canyon, with groups exiting as we passed through, which made the space seem even smaller. However, I held it together and enjoyed the experience.

6  Thank mary_228

Been to Antelope Slot Canyon Tours? Share your experiences!