“Great Photographic Tour”

Antelope Slot Canyon Tours
Ranked #10 of 46 Outdoor Activities in Page
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Decided to take the photographic tour which is longer than regular tour and designed for photographers of all levels. The leader was excellent in placing us at the optimal site and at the optimal time to photographic the light rays. Photographic instructions were right on.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We toured upper Antelope canyon today with Irene as our guide and more importantly photographic expert. Her knowledge of any type or brand of camera is amazing, she would take control of anty and all cameras, change the settings to insure that you got the best possible color and illumination of the various shots.

Irene knows all of the shots and the angles to take them at. In fact she will even take them for you, simply ask her to do so.

We went on the 10:30 tour. That was not bad insofar as being crowded going in but by the time we walked back out it was backed up. I would think an earlier time would be even better. It would be best to contact them for the best time as lighting is very critical to getting good pictures.

I had read some of the bad reviews here on Trip Advisor and had a bit of a concern. Some people obviously came away unhappy but not us.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We did the two hour photographers tour with Rob, and that was worth every penny. Rob is a talented photographer and the extra time really made a difference. We were the only two on the tour. If you are doing antelope canyon, I highly recommend doing the photo tour, its worth the extra money. You don't feel rushed going through the canyon. Rob also shows you the best settings for your camera if you aren't sure, and framing the best shots.

My only gripe is that the staff manning the front desk were rude and discourteous and unhelpful. I do think, however, that part of that attitude is a result of how many rude and discourteous tourists there are, so I don't really blame them.

1  Thank scuba-buceo
Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a great tour. Leonard is the best, from helping us with the photos, the history and playing the flute it was 5 star experiance. However I am still getting the dust out from the trip through the dry river bed.

1  Thank Hertzlaw
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We drove 5 hours to get to our slot canyon tour, only to find it had been canceled due to rain. We booked a room for the night and hoped the rain would hold off for us to make the tour the next day. We did the 1:00 pm tour, and were happy we stayed! Our tour guide was excellent! She helped us with our camera settings and with taking good pictures throughout the tour. We got a lot of great pictures! I took both my camera and my iPhone for picture taking. Due to the low light inside the canyon, my camera worked best for most shots. We enjoyed it so much, we would like to go back and do both the upper and the lower canyon next time!

1  Thank Elizabeth F

Been to Antelope Slot Canyon Tours? Share your experiences!