“Absolutely amazing!”

Antelope Slot Canyon Tours
Ranked #11 of 44 Outdoor Activities in Page
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked this tour due to the reviews here and I can tell you, it was wonderful! Our guide, Irene, was Great! She helped each person get their individual cameras set up correctly to take the perfect picture. I cannot believe how she went from one camera to the next and made the perfect adjustments to get pictures you would think were taken by professionals. Also, she told us exactly where to stand and at what angle to shoot at. She had some good stories too. She's very kind and made the trip! The office is in a gas station, and the ride there is not fancy, but that's already been noted by others, so I expected that. Just a neat experience! A must do!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"cell phone"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The light beams coming through the canyon made it clear why the Native Americans considered this a Holy place. Absolutely beautiful. Be prepared for crowds on this very popular tour but it is well worth it. Our tour guide Irene was the best! She kept us laughing and helped everyone get the most spectacular photographs. Take the 10:30 AM tour for the best lighting and pictures.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The tour company was great to deal with- very smooth with tour reservations etc. Our guide Rob was awesome in our photographic tour - despite the extended tour, I wish there were no people in my some of my shots and the hustle and bustle still existed. But our guide made up for it with some great sense of humor, knowledge of photography and extended courtesy.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you, Chief Tsosie & co!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We selected the Chief Tsosie's Tour as they were able to fit us in on relatively short notice. I asked for the photography package which was a longer tour. Our Navajo guide, Robert, knew exactly which photography settings and techniques were optimal for the tour. He also knew the proper positions to obtain many unique perspectives - so much so that people from an adjacent tour were stepping back into our group to take the shots he pointed out. We were on the 1 PM tour of the upper Antelope Canyon but to get the shot of a light beam filtering into the slot canyon, you have to be on the Noon tour. I used a Canon 5D Mark II with a 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens. ISO set to 800 with F-stop 5 to 6.3 on Av mode. When shooting up at the top of the canyon, be sure to stay in the shadows to avoid the glare of direct sunlight.

1  Thank Brent V
See more reviews
Reviewed March 29, 2013

After reading several negative comments I was apprehensive about the tour, but now have to write a review. Everyone I encountered with Chief Tsosie's Antelope Canyon Slot Tours was friendly, and happy. Our tour guide was Ver. Everyone on our tour was also happy and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This is a must see. We went March 26, 2013 on the 1pm tour. Although it was somewhat busy, not overwhelmingly so by any means. I got superb pictures. Don't pass up this beautiful experience.

Been to Antelope Slot Canyon Tours? Share your experiences!