All reviews chef john hot tub fire pit fish game room black beans whale watching pool table ping pong glacier bay bald eagles video games fantastic food donuts bucket list big game these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Other reviews explain well the beautiful lodge, cabins and surrounding area. I want to specifically give a shout out to the excellent staff at County Inn. They are pleasant, kind, accommodating and will do everything to make it a wonderful stay. The lodge area is just what you would hope for -- nestled in nature, rustic. The food was excellent. I enjoyed every aspect of the stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2018

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Glacier Bay County Inn a few weeks ago. Curtis and the rest of the staff registered us for our Glacier Bay National Park tour and a whale watching tour, made sure we had plenty to eat, and provided transportation to the airport and all of our activities. We were only able to stay days, but they were 2 amazing days! (One morning the chef made apple fritters at my request!). Bears also made appearances in the meadow behind the lodge the night we arrived, and the afternoon we left. Simply stunning!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2018

Hello to all that will be readings this.
This is the second time I am posting a review about Glacier Bay Country Inn and my 5th time there,
As stated by all, the fishing,the lodge and the food is second to none.

What has me posting my second review, is a young man named Curtis, he is one of the many family members who works tirelessly at the lodge to provide support to make sure your trip is everything you dreamed of and more.

This year was typical as with all, starting off with a pleasant/warm greeting by Curtis who would be bringing us back to the lodge for the start of 5 days of fishing / fun.

The second day is were I stated above (More to it then meets the eyes) I received some unfortunately sad news that my wife's Aunt had passed.
I knew that I would need to make arrangements to get back home to NYC and that time was short.
This is were Curtis again stood out ,he supported/ helped me through hours of phone calls,making sure all the necessary changes were made for me to be home by Sunday August 18th.

I thank you as does my family Curtis for all your support for making a tough time bearable.

Till next year.
Desmond

Room tip: This is the place were Dreams Come True.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Departure317460
Reviewed August 25, 2018

The property has a lodge with rooms and cabins. There is a gazebo with a hot tub and fire pit. There is also a fun rec room with theatre.
The meals are plentiful and delicious. We had a choice of seafood entree or meat entree, plus fabulous desserts for dinner.
They set up our fishing excursion, took care of licenses, processing, freezing-everything!
They offer other excursions and transportation to and from activities.
We saw wildlife but missed the Northern Lights display.

Room tip: Great Alaskan experience
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2018

Stayed for 5 days and fished for 4. Last stayed and fished about 14 years ago, still a great time. Great guides and they feed you like no other. I highly recommend the lodge for your stay and activity base.

• Trip type: Traveled solo