The room was above average. It was very large & well furnished. It was actually bigger than necessary. The view of the mountains & the well landscaped hotel grounds was great. It had a very nice patio with chairs & table. The staff was very friendly & tried to do everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. The only complaint that I had was the food. The meals were good, but not great. Too many "gourmet" items for me. I also do not care for the "family style" atmosphere. The breakfast was great as long as you liked carbs & sugar. No protein available.
I think that this would have been a great place that I would come back to if the meals could be eliminated & a gas grill made available to prepare meals of choice. The price should then be adjusted to about $250.00 per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great Bear Inn proudly provides deluxe lodging accommodations in a spectacular setting, surrounded by the grandeur of Glacier National Park. Choose from deluxe rooms in the main lodge or comfortable cabin accommodation on our property. The unspoiled beauty of Montana awaits you just outside our magnificent Inn. Glacier National Park is less than ten minutes away. Hiking, white water rafting, fishing, hunting (seasonal), and horseback riding - the recreation possibilities offered by Northwest Montana are endless and the beauty is unlike anything found anywhere. The Inn is tastefully decorated in a style consistent with our location at the doorstep of Glacier National Park. An Oversized Continental is provided each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Great Bear Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Bear Hotel West Glacier
- The Great Bear Inn West Glacier, Montana