This inn looks like someone's vacation home. It's relatively small and very woodsy. The only complaint I have with it is in the overdone cutesie bear and faux indian decor. Well, there was one other thing. We never could get our shower to dispense anything other than tepid water. Other than that, it's a great place to stay. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed, the bed comfortable. In the evening there is a sitdown dinner (four course) that is a welcome treat, prepared by the enthusiastic young chef. Actually, all the staff seem enthusiastic and extra friendly and accommodating. In the morning there is a serve yourself breakfast of yogurt, breads, fruit, etc. The meal setup encourages conversation with the other guests, which we found to be delightful. All in all a good choice to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great Bear Inn proudly provides deluxe lodging accommodations in a spectacular setting, surrounded by the grandeur of Glacier National Park. Choose from deluxe rooms in the main lodge or comfortable cabin accommodation on our property. The unspoiled beauty of Montana awaits you just outside our magnificent Inn. Glacier National Park is less than ten minutes away. Hiking, white water rafting, fishing, hunting (seasonal), and horseback riding - the recreation possibilities offered by Northwest Montana are endless and the beauty is unlike anything found anywhere. The Inn is tastefully decorated in a style consistent with our location at the doorstep of Glacier National Park. An Oversized Continental is provided each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Great Bear Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Bear Hotel West Glacier
- The Great Bear Inn West Glacier, Montana