This could easily be a novella. There is so much to say about this Inn and the people who make it so, so special.
1. The home itself was beautiful and I want to live there.
2. Susan is the hostess with the mostest. I found her to be charming, energetic and most helpful.
3. The dogs (and cat dog) are well trained, lovable and no one has any reason to complain about them - ever. There is no evidence of the animals in that house or on the grounds. No 'scat', fur or smell. If you chose to ignore them (as some guests did), they will happily ignore you as well. We, however, couldn't get enough of them and showered them with attention.
4. The dinners were incredible. Our girls even started eating things they normally would not eat just because they loved the chefs.
5. Coffee and breakfast muffins were a nice extra for a quick breakfast. There is an in-room coffee maker and mini fridge if you want to have something different or specific for breakfast, but the muffins were really good!
6. Chef Ryan, Chef Chris and up-and-coming Sous chef Matt were all amazingly talented, gracious and just plain fun to be with.
We miss all our new friends at the Great Bear Inn.
Minutes from Glacier, stunning view, wonderful hospitality, clean and amazingly beautiful accommodations, delicious fare - so why are you still looking for a place to stay??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Great Bear Inn proudly provides deluxe lodging accommodations in a spectacular setting, surrounded by the grandeur of Glacier National Park. Choose from deluxe rooms in the main lodge or comfortable cabin accommodation on our property. The unspoiled beauty of Montana awaits you just outside our magnificent Inn. Glacier National Park is less than ten minutes away. Hiking, white water rafting, fishing, hunting (seasonal), and horseback riding - the recreation possibilities offered by Northwest Montana are endless and the beauty is unlike anything found anywhere. The Inn is tastefully decorated in a style consistent with our location at the doorstep of Glacier National Park. An Oversized Continental is provided each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Great Bear Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Bear Hotel West Glacier
- The Great Bear Inn West Glacier, Montana