“Beautiful Montana atmosphere”

Belton Grill Dining Room & Tap Room
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in West Glacier
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Belton Chalet Dining Room provides innovative Montana Cuisine. Our Chef uses local organic seasonal ingredients, Montana raised beef and fresh fish and seafood. We offer gluten free & vegetarian dishes along with nightly specials. The Belton Taproom & Dining feature Montanan craft beers, special cocktail and a distinctive wine menu. Seasonal outdoor seating, private dining room. A culinary experience not to miss. The Belton will reopen for the following summer season on May 26, 2018, see you next year!
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was my first trip to Montana and I will definitely be back! This restaurant was wonderful, farm to table, love that. Food was great, wine was flowing and I was with great company! We were a large group and everyone got something different, all was great. Loved the decor, very upscale Montana. Don't miss this one!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Belton Grill offers an outstanding dining experience in West Glacier. The historic chalet has been lovingly maintained. The dining room and adjoining tap room are not to be missed. Located across the street from the Amtrak station.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Delicious food, friendly attentive service and a great value. Unique dishes using locally sourced food.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

It was tight getting in to eat. I had to wait at least 15 minutes on a Saturday night around 7:45 pm. The locals obviously frequent this place but I can understand why. There is no central air in the restaurant which meant open windows so in turn that meant A LOT of flies in the middle of September but this was everywhere in the park. It was slightly aggravating fighting them off but the food was so good how could I blame them! The service could have been better but in their defense, they were very crowded! Parking appears to be ample at first sight, but it fills up fast and that means driving around for a while!

Here is what I ordered: Pan seared Mahi Mahi, greens, potatoes and side salad and milk. I took peach berry crunch to go (I did not care for the dessert but it was fresh). The total was $34 not including tip.

They do have outside dining but it is limited and there is a bar area to drink and wait for a table. I would eat here again, I would like it better if not so crowded (that includes both human and fly). Maybe a Monday - Thursday?

Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a wonderful dinner we had here! To begin with, you are seated in the historic building immediately across from the Amtrak station, but it is not what it sounds to be. Everything is historic and harkens back to the first visitors to Glacier National Park. You can almost picture fellow diners in period attire. It's a charming setting, but then there is the food. I had memorable bison meatloaf and my husband was pleased with his filet mignon. The veggie sides were also wonderful and the service was spot on. Be sure to visit here when going to Glacier NP.

Been to Belton Grill Dining Room & Tap Room? Share your experiences!