“Over the top service with smiles to boot!”

Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My wife and I arrived at the gates of this resort and were enchanted instantly... Our luggage had been lost by the airlines on the way over and everything should have been terrible, except it wasn't. We were greeted by a most wonderful woman at the front desk and she could see that something was wrong, she inquired and we happily told our tale of hum-glummery...

She relayed our predicament to the resort owners and the owners were kind enough to get us some basic amenities like toothpaste and lotions and some other assorted items.

My wife has a gluten allergy and the owners tried to accommodate her needs by getting a dozen eggs and some other assorted items for her breakfast basket; while I still had the fantastic muffin, cereal and other items.

The fridge had some orange juice in it and two pints of 2% milk. It was on and ready to receive the items we had purchased from the grocery store.

The cabin was very very spacious, the bed was firm (which I like), the bathroom was spacious too. The wireless connection was superb from our cabin (#1). As some other reviewers noted, there is indeed a train track some distance between the cabins and at night you can hear them blowing their horns to scare away the wild life. The first night we were there it woke me from a cold sleep, the second night we were there we didn't hear them passing by...likely because we are heavy sleepers and we did a lot of hiking.

I would HIGHLY recommend this resort to anyone that want's a nice, quiet, easy access to the park stay in the western side of Glacier Nat'l Park.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onebigfellah
There are newer reviews for Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in Cabin 5 and would return again in a heartbeat.

For those who complain about the trains ... quick history lesson: When the national parks were established in the US and Canada, train lines were built to bring people to the parks. This was before every family had three cars to carry them along 6 lane highways to their vacations. Also, the engineers are required to sound the whistles at every crossing. Granted, some do it with more enthusiasm than necessary.

As for the proximity to the highway ... well, it's how you got there.

The cabins are clean and comfortable. We enjoyed sitting out in the evenings, having a glass of wine and enjoying the peace and beauty. There were so many nice touches throughout the cabin. The owners obviously take great pride in the property. It shows.

Special shout-out to Janice. She is a gem. She was always to pleasant and the pride she takes in her work is apparent.

We'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EdmontonCarol_8
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Great location to visit Glacier National Park.
It takes less than 10 mins to get to the park.
U have your own log cabin, that has a queen size bed.
Breakfast is provided in your cablin each day.
They leave cereal, a Costco muffin, and fresh coffee.
There is a front porch to sit on and relax.
It suited all our needs, clean and quiet, so we have been there on three different occasions.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Just returned from my 1st visit to the state of Montana. It was wonderful and more than I could ever wish for. I traveled there by train and then rented a car. Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort was recommended to me. I went during the off-season and they were in the processes of opening for the season. Both Jason and Lindsay could not have been nicer in accommodating me. I stayed 3 nights and it was the best! Comfortable bed, warm and cozy fireplace, and all the extras were wonderful. The train noise that some complain about is very minimal and not a disruption at all. A great place to relax, find peace, and enjoy the Montana scenery.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank adman67
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We spent a week at Glacier National Park, 4 nights on the east side of the park and 3 in the Silver Wolf. The log cabins are charming and beautifully decorated. It was incredibly quiet, and we felt like we were alone in the facility even though all the cabins were occupied. To get to the park you need to drive about 7 miles, but it doesn't seem far for what you get at the Silver Wolf. It isn't cheap, but if you want comfort and charm, it is a great place. As other reviews have noted, they have a very strict booking/cancellation policy and they try to stick to that, so be sure of your plans before you make reservations.
It is definitely worth a stay if you want comfort after some hard hiking days in the park!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NYTravelers2
Reviewed October 9, 2010

The pros...We found the log chalet upscale rustic with lots of nice design touches. It was our base while we toured Glacier and was very convenient. The staff was nice and helpful. The Glacier Grill just a short drive away, served great breakfasts and Three Forks Grille in Columbia Falls was a terrific dinner spot. Make sure to make reservations there. Now the cons..The cable TV reminded us of our very first portable except it was color, no big deal, at least they had Fox news. The queen bed was cute but not good and very noisy. The bathroom was separated by a pony wall that didn't afford much privacy. We stayed during the off season but the nightly rate was the most we payed anywhere on our 16 day trip. We weren't allowed to wash a few clothes even though they had a nice laundry that wasn't being used. BE AWARE, their cancellation policy is very rigid so make sure when you book you intend to stay the whole time. The weather pooped out and much of the Going-To-The Sun-Road at Glacier was closed for repair so we wanted to leave a day early but we had to pay the full amount even though most of the cabins were empty that time of year. I thought that was unreasonable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bossneal
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I booked 5 nights in April - I paid 50% up front - which is very fair considering the place is small. A week later, we changed our reservation to 4-nights. The owner informed me that she would have had to move us on the last night. I was somewhat concerned that she had not informed us of the move initially. When we arrived, the manager informed us that we were going to have to move on the last night. I was very annoyed -the owner had us between a Rock and a Hard Place - she had our money - I think the owner plays around with the cabins and will not guarantee a definite cabin when the reservation is made. I also agree that Wi-Fi is spotty at best and the TVs are useless - we had no problems with the train and except for the bad feelings towards the owner - enjoyed our stay - I will recommend only on the condition that NO CABIN change will be made - I doubt she will do this - I intend to take the matter up with AAA - I do not think it is a 3-star property

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 17 in Whitefish
Vista Motel
Vista Motel
#4 of 6 in West Glacier

Been to Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort? Share your experiences!