“Great place. Stayed 3X!!”

Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Great location to visit Glacier National Park.
It takes less than 10 mins to get to the park.
U have your own log cabin, that has a queen size bed.
Breakfast is provided in your cablin each day.
They leave cereal, a Costco muffin, and fresh coffee.
There is a front porch to sit on and relax.
It suited all our needs, clean and quiet, so we have been there on three different occasions.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Just returned from my 1st visit to the state of Montana. It was wonderful and more than I could ever wish for. I traveled there by train and then rented a car. Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort was recommended to me. I went during the off-season and they were in the processes of opening for the season. Both Jason and Lindsay could not have been nicer in accommodating me. I stayed 3 nights and it was the best! Comfortable bed, warm and cozy fireplace, and all the extras were wonderful. The train noise that some complain about is very minimal and not a disruption at all. A great place to relax, find peace, and enjoy the Montana scenery.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank adman67
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We spent a week at Glacier National Park, 4 nights on the east side of the park and 3 in the Silver Wolf. The log cabins are charming and beautifully decorated. It was incredibly quiet, and we felt like we were alone in the facility even though all the cabins were occupied. To get to the park you need to drive about 7 miles, but it doesn't seem far for what you get at the Silver Wolf. It isn't cheap, but if you want comfort and charm, it is a great place. As other reviews have noted, they have a very strict booking/cancellation policy and they try to stick to that, so be sure of your plans before you make reservations.
It is definitely worth a stay if you want comfort after some hard hiking days in the park!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NYTravelers2
Reviewed October 9, 2010

The pros...We found the log chalet upscale rustic with lots of nice design touches. It was our base while we toured Glacier and was very convenient. The staff was nice and helpful. The Glacier Grill just a short drive away, served great breakfasts and Three Forks Grille in Columbia Falls was a terrific dinner spot. Make sure to make reservations there. Now the cons..The cable TV reminded us of our very first portable except it was color, no big deal, at least they had Fox news. The queen bed was cute but not good and very noisy. The bathroom was separated by a pony wall that didn't afford much privacy. We stayed during the off season but the nightly rate was the most we payed anywhere on our 16 day trip. We weren't allowed to wash a few clothes even though they had a nice laundry that wasn't being used. BE AWARE, their cancellation policy is very rigid so make sure when you book you intend to stay the whole time. The weather pooped out and much of the Going-To-The Sun-Road at Glacier was closed for repair so we wanted to leave a day early but we had to pay the full amount even though most of the cabins were empty that time of year. I thought that was unreasonable.

3  Thank bossneal
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I booked 5 nights in April - I paid 50% up front - which is very fair considering the place is small. A week later, we changed our reservation to 4-nights. The owner informed me that she would have had to move us on the last night. I was somewhat concerned that she had not informed us of the move initially. When we arrived, the manager informed us that we were going to have to move on the last night. I was very annoyed -the owner had us between a Rock and a Hard Place - she had our money - I think the owner plays around with the cabins and will not guarantee a definite cabin when the reservation is made. I also agree that Wi-Fi is spotty at best and the TVs are useless - we had no problems with the train and except for the bad feelings towards the owner - enjoyed our stay - I will recommend only on the condition that NO CABIN change will be made - I doubt she will do this - I intend to take the matter up with AAA - I do not think it is a 3-star property

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lizalewis
Reviewed September 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed here as part of a three week long road trip. We were a little worried about the train noise mentioned in previous reviews, but we were not bothered by the trains at all. The tracks are at least 1/2 mile away and the periodic noise is quite muffled. When we talked to the owner, she said that the bad reviews were from a period when a derailment elsewhere had sent all the trains for the whole region down those tracks and that the noise had been constant during that time. We were lucky enough to get the Bear's Den, which even had two reclining chairs for our road-weary bodies! The bed was quite comfortable and the whole place was immaculate. This was the biggest bargain of our trip and the best place we stayed in three weeks. The muffin and fruit "breakfasts" provided made for perfect picnic lunches after our real breakfasts in the park.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

If I could give this "resort" zero as a score I would. When I read previous reviews I saw that at least one or two people had problems with their reservations. To make sure that didn't happen to us I booked the place and then got a confirmation/welcome packet in the mail. They charged our credit card in advance. What could possibly go wrong? On the sheet they sent us they said "Silver Wolf guarantees a chalet will be available on dates reserved, guest guarantees payment". Well they received payment. When we arrived in the middle of September we DID NOT have a chalet. They said they were overbooked. A mistake had happened. The owner, Lindsey, had only realized it THAT morning, when she counted "slips" and realized she had more people than cabins. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We're prepayed, 800 miles from home and its peak season. We were supposed to be happy that they had made another reservation somewhere else. (Montana Raft Co.) We were really fortunate they had an opening. The thing is we didn't get what we expected, researched, and wanted. We wanted a "no kids", quiet place, with breakfast included each morning. I spent hours planning our only vacation this year. Silver Wolf nearly ruined it.

The owner didn't even have the decency to explain the situation to us, she asked her employee to do it. I really felt sorry for the employee. The story we got was that someone called and cancelled 4 cabins, for them and their friends. Their friends showed up anyway. If someone cancels for someone else shouldn't you as an owner CALL and double check with all the parties involved before you rent to someone else? Or are you just so greedy that you take double reservations and then the morning of arrival realize you have a problem?

I know this place sounds great but do you want to go there thinking you have a reservation, then risk it really not being there? We could have called and double checked before we left from home and they still wouldn't have known there was a problem at that point. Places to stay in Glacier National Park are very limited, my advice, don't take the risk. The owners ruined a good half a day of our 2 1/2 days of our time at Glacier while we worked everything out. Don't let them do it to you.

4  Thank WyomingWanderers
#2 of 17 in Whitefish
Great Northern Resort
Great Northern Resort
#2 of 13 in West Glacier

Been to Silverwolf Log Chalet Resort? Share your experiences!