“Wonderful”
Review of Lake Five Resort

Lake Five Resort
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Lake 5 is a great place to camp. The lake and atmosphere of the whole place are so relaxing. Ron and his staff were great to deal with and very accomodating. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

The most beautiful lake w/i 5 Minutes of Glacier. Rustic with all the modern conveniences. Picture a Sandy Beach Lake surrounded by beautiful mountains and trees. Warm days and cool nights in a quiet setting. One of the best places we stayed in Montana and a very well kept Treasure. The owner and his staff were extremely helpful and fun. Glad we listened to the locals who said this was the place to stay.

1  Thank robert12345999
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Just back from another vacation at Lake Five. The weather was fantastic, the beach was not overcrowded, and enjoyed the sight and sound of waterski boats passing by a short distance off shore. The kids (ages 5 & 7) love wading around in the swimming area and make new friends everyday.

This was our fifth straight summer going there and we plan on many more. One rather poor review below from HAPPYCAMPERS888 actually refers to our visit there two years ago. I value opinions and accept that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so far be it for me to judge another's review, however, I do want to set the record straight.

It was my trailer that was in the site reserved for this family (HappyCampers888) below. I had been staying in it the previous week, a reservation by the way that was made from a year earlier (and honored). Unfortunately,our first day there, the transmission dropped in my new Lincoln Mark LT, and had to be towed to the Ford dealer in Whitefish. It took over a week to repair as they had to ship in a new transmission from Memphis. Consequently, I could go nowhere, nor move my trailer. We had to extend our stay by three days, which put the owner (Ron) of Lake 5 in a terrible predicament....what was he to do...should he throw me out? If so, how? My truck was not there and you don't ask other customers to lend a truck to kick out a family that has been camping next to you for a few days or a week. As is the case, I was not aware of how our situation affected another family's experience and I'd like to offer a heartfelt apology to them. losing a transmission in this rural area of Montana was bad luck, not just for us, but for them as well.

Lake Five is a truly special place and most of teh sites have ample space for parking trailers, fully extending awnings, campfires and picnic tables, However....please understand that some of the sites are a little tight. Of the 50 + sites, I'd say about 10 of them (H-L and U-X2) are quite small and difficult to park a trailer or RV larger than 24 feet. These sites were orginally designed for tents and tent trailers. (Nowadays, folks show up with 30+ foot trailers with multiple slides and wonder why the spacing is so tight!) Please be very candid with the owner (Ron) when making your reservations. Tell him what you are towing, and what features you most desire in a campsite. I'm sure He'll do his best to set you up right and be honest with you in so doing.

The fact of the matter is once you're in, settled, and relaxed, you will find that this is a campground resort where the lake (not the campsite) is the primary feature, the other campers (about 45% Canandian and 55% American) are extremely friendly and respectful (eg. noise), and Ron is a unique character who is interesting, sincere, and helpful. We've come to know him well in our 5 years visiting Lake five, and like many of the other campers there, we regard him as a friend and the kids in particular look forward to seeing him every summer.

Room Tip: Sites B-G are the best
1  Thank WhereNext_YYC
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This campground is beautifully set on peaceful Lake Five. It offers tent sites, RV sites as well as private cabins. We stayed in Cabin 9 which offers a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and living room. It is perfect if you don't want to rough it in a tent and would like the comforts of rustic home living. The owner Ron, with his faithful German Shepard Cody, was very laid back and accommodating. The campground offers many amenities such as canoeing, volleyball courts, a grand stage with picnic tables, and a private beach. Bathrooms and showers are available within a short walking distance from most campsites. We really enjoyed our stay at Lake Five and the low key vibe. We definitely will be back soon! Thanks Ron for everything!

Room Tip: Each cabin is different with different amenities (i.e. bathroom, kitchen, etc). Inquire before reque...
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This our first visit- we joined my brother and his wife's family. There were 21 of us in total- and they have been going to Lake 5 for about 20 .My husband and I stayed in Cabin 8 with our 2 pets. We brought our boat as well. The cabin was very clean and the boat launch and dock were great. I went on numerous walks/runs around the campsite and I was so impressed by how clean the grounds, laundry faciliies, and shower rooms are. ron and his staff are very gracious and friendly.
I had read some poor reviews prior and it makes me wonder what people are thinking. we travel often- and this resort is a gem.Thanks Lake 5 and we will see you next year- our deposit is already in.Can't wait.

Room Tip: the cabins are nice
1  Thank tionbrown
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My wife and I, as children, use to come here as children with our individual families. Over the years after we moved from Montana, we always missed coming back to Lake 5. We just moved back 2 years ago and this is the third summer we have have been back and it continues being an amazing relaxing stay. We will continue to come back every year and look forward to when our children have grand children and bring them back each year. The cabins by the lake are always clean, the campground is clean and Ron has always been a good guy to deal with. I recommend lake 5 to all that has not been here. If you have ever lived out of Montana you will enjoy the relaxed undercommercialzed hidden place in the woods.

2  Thank dkallison74
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The view, the lake, the mountains and the close drive to Glacier do not make up for the interaction we had with Ron the owner. My children where told by Ron they needed to stop playing so loud and keep quiet during a live band in a public setting before quiet hours. He would walk around our campsite over and over watching us and told my sister in law she needed to take her toddler outside of the main office because his hands were sticky after RON gave him candy. He is not a nice man and for our family reunion we are finding somewhere else to go next year. The whole weekend all of us were on eggshells not knowing what was going to happen.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
9  Thank montanamomma80
lakefivehenry, Manager at Lake Five Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

There are people impossible to please. Fortunately 97 percent or thereabouts, the majority of the public, are good guys. That small portion that is left is the public enemy and they tend to cause harm wherever they go whenever they can. All we can hope is that we recognize and discover their intentions before they damage property or injure a reputation. We also hope to improve and get better—more friendly. We wish the same for them.
—Ron Ridenour Commander of Grounds Lake Five Resort

#2 of 13 in West Glacier
Historic Tamarack Lodge
Historic Tamarack Lodge
#1 of 3 in Hungry Horse

Been to Lake Five Resort? Share your experiences!